PDA

View Full Version : Posting Photos with Text ....

Judy
01-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Is there anyway we can position our photos between text? Does this board format allow that add-on ability and also a photo preview of the entire post once the photo is uploaded to the forum?

i.e. Post)

bla bla bla bla

(photo)

bla bla bla bla

(photo)

dooo deee dooo

Thanks

jkress
01-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Hi Judy,

This is a question that has come up before. I'll use Angel's response...

I think that when you upload your photos to the server you lose the ability to place them where you want. You would have to host your photos elsewhere and then use the IMG tags to insert the link to each photo. That way, though, you can insert the photos anywhere you want within your post.

I use an external host for my photos which allows me to do exactly as you describe... http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=2976.msg31233#msg31233

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Joe

Ill Digger
01-25-2011, 01:29 AM
I do it like Angels suggests. I personally use Photo Bucket and insert the IMG tag in the thread. It's free and easy .
As for previewing before posting....yes you can preview before posting. When I use Photo Bucket at least it works.

Like this picture bla bla bla
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/2010/IMG_0660-1.jpg
After up loading this picture I previewed it and it showed up in the Preview before posting bla bla bla

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/2010/1954Washingtoninsitue.jpg
And then bla bla bla this one too bla bla bla lol

If you just browse for your pictures, then your not able to insert texts in between pictures.
Hope this helps :grin:

giant056
01-25-2011, 04:00 AM
I also was wonder how you guys were doing that and I kinda figured you were using a photobucket.

Judy
01-25-2011, 09:01 AM
lol lol thanks guys, appreciate it!!! I'll have to think awhile on this cause I just hate dealing with 3rd party hosts :-\ but definitely glad you all explained with photos too :clapping: thumbsup01

giant056
01-25-2011, 09:36 AM
I just hate dealing with 3rd party hosts
me too :yes:

Dimeman
01-27-2011, 03:45 PM
lol lol thanks guys, appreciate it!!! I'll have to think awhile on this cause I just hate dealing with 3rd party hosts :-\ but definitely glad you all explained with photos too :clapping: thumbsup01

Photobucket is free and they do have a updated Pro version (for a charge) where you can upload larger files ( videos and larger pics).

Judy
01-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Well suckygirlboohoo broke down and signed on to Photobucket :eyebrow: lol Just me, I hate using 3rd party hosts, but totally understand. ;)

coinnut
01-27-2011, 08:01 PM
I made the mistake of clearing out some old photos I had there so I could simplify my albulm. When I looked on a forum I posted them pictures on, they were gone also lol I guess I didn't quite get the concept that I had to keep them in my albulm so they would still be wherever I posted them 8/ rofl

Judy
01-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Glad u brought that up...that's exactly why I don't like using those uploaders...if the site goes down and they have in the past, or you delete a photo...anywhere you've posted that photo, it is gone for good. :ticked:

Ill Digger
01-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Yeah that is the cruddy part about it . I did the same thing once. :rolleyes: 8/ lol
But I put it back in photo bucket and it came back up in my post too thumbsup01
But it makes for some slick posts !! thumbsup01 8)

Nitro 54
01-30-2011, 07:40 PM
It looks like it can be done :beerbuddy: