PDA

View Full Version : I dont get it

pulltabsteve
01-24-2011, 08:18 PM
My daughter is 15. In the past 2 years she has gone to about 12 Sweet 16 parties. These parties are like mini weddings!!! Rented halls or Country clubs, Djs or bands, Limos to the party.... :bangahead01: Of course she needs a new dress and shoes for each party... &quot:grin:ad... I cant wear the same dress to 2 parties :bangahead01: Cards for each birthday girl with a check of course. Putting me in the poor house! When I was a kid.... You had a party at your house! Friends and relatives come over, you have some food, some cake, some drinks, sing Happy birthday the everyone leaves. Kids these days....

Judy
01-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Ahhh girls they cost you money your whole life bud lol lol

Just wait till graduation, etc., etc.! Unbelievable eh?

........... and the big one........... the wedding rofl rofl Might as well just sign your life over now :shocked04: :popcorn:

Toadman
01-24-2011, 08:32 PM
I saw the way she hangs on you dude.. How can you put a price on daddy's little girl !! :dontknow: :dontknow:

Kiddin. MAKE her wear a dress to at least 2 diff occasions..And you also get 1/2 of all checks from her 16th !! <: <: <:

pulltabsteve
01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
I saw the way she hangs on you dude.. How can you put a price on daddy's little girl !! :dontknow: :dontknow:

Kiddin. MAKE her wear a dress to at least 2 diff occasions..And you also get 1/2 of all checks from her 16th !! <: <: <:

I'm making you my agent Rick!

Toadman
01-24-2011, 09:05 PM
:happydance01: :happydance01: I'll require a small down payment !! <: :happydance01: :beerbuddy:

Judy
01-24-2011, 09:07 PM
:happydance01: :happydance01: I'll require a small down payment !! <: :happydance01: :beerbuddy:

Uh oh Steveo...that's sounds expensive...better rethink this bud rofl :eyebrow:

Epi-hunter
01-24-2011, 09:18 PM
OMG Steve. That's not what I needed to hear.

My daughter is 10. :shocked04: :confused: In six years she will be having a slumber party. That's it :shocked04:

That is just insanity.

Nitro 54
01-24-2011, 09:24 PM
She can wear the same dress every 3-4 dances and no one will know the difference.... You think this is expensive Steve, just wait until marriage day rofl rofl rofl

odave
01-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Just Grin Buddy !! These are the best of Times :beerbuddy:
I've got two Daughters Buddy :)

I also agree with you I don't get it either :thinkingabout: rofl :popcorn:

jkress
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM
:thinkingabout: I better start saving now for her 16th. I have 14 years until she hits 16. Sounds like I better put away about $1000 a year by the way you are talking. :dontknow:

..... will that be enough? lol

Thanks for the heads-up. thumbsup01

Full Metal Digger
01-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey I got 2 girls aged 7 and 5. I dread what they are going to want by the time they get 16! Don't let your kids watch MTV. They got that show about sweet 16 parties and these girls are total &quot:beerbuddy:'s (if you know what I mean).

P Side
01-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Glad I don't have kids. Just wait till she starts dating. :beatdown:

coinnut
01-24-2011, 10:02 PM
We never gave in on that kind of stuff. Sleepovers yes, buying a new dress and renting a limo and hall.... No way rofl If they asked us that I would have just busted out laughing lol We saved our money for the real important things like college and marriage. If you tell them NO they will get over it.

Poker Jim
01-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Blame MTV. They had a show where rich parents spend a small, even large, fortune on their spoiled little brats. Usually the kids end up mad that someone dumb showed up or it didn't go perfect. Actually, I blame MTV for a great deal of our societal downfalls.

Guess this is what I have to look forward to though. Sure hope my daughters are more sensible than most when they get there.

Poker Jim

giant056
01-25-2011, 03:41 AM
Ahhh girls they cost you money your whole life bud lol lol
That's why I don't have a wife anymore :yes:

del
01-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Steve , i have two girls , a 15 year old and a 13year old 8/ and i'm with George on this one. sleep overs are fine but i've got more important things to spend my money on or save up for , instead of fancy dresses they'll only wear once or twice and a big party to impress their friends . kids are very resilient and get over things pretty quickly i'd rather put that money toward college or a decent used first car for her when she's able to drive.

Evan/tn
01-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Every thing has to be a pageant nowadays :-\
And commercialized to the hilt :mad:
But i went through it with my Daughter :confused:

greg
01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Man Boys are much more easy when it comes to stuff like that.

Ill Digger
01-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Man Boys are much more easy when it comes to stuff like that.
lol lol
Man, I'm glad I got boys ! lol
They just want football jerseys.

exsquid
01-25-2011, 11:43 AM
I feel your pain Steve....being a parent is a tough job.... :yes: and getting tougher every day, it seems...

My kids will attest that around our place Mom and Dad were always parents first.....buddies second...the older they become the less they need parents and you get to enjoy being the buddy and just being a sounding board for offering good advice and (hopefully) sound wisdom...

Kids today seemingly want to act like adults at such an early age...makes me wonder what they will have to look forward to when they do become adults... :confused:

MartinL
01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
She can wear the same dress every 3-4 dances and no one will know the difference.... You think this is expensive Steve, just wait until marriage day rofl rofl rofl

A friend of mine spent over 100K on his daughter's wedding some years back. It started out a lot more reasonably budgeted, but with Mom and Daughter's inputs over a few months of time, ol' Dad 100k in the end. It's like the guy was put in his place each time there was any controversy. It doesn't aid kids to just give them instant gratification, just the opposite as time moves further along. There IS a happy medium, but someone has to put a foot down and lead. Just because you may have the funds for these extravagant affairs doesn't mean it's teaching a kid anything to just give it to them. martin

BOWSER
01-25-2011, 03:53 PM
leave town,come back when she is 27 claim amnesia thumbsup01

russellt
01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
i cannot even fathom that :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes:

tanacat
01-26-2011, 12:02 PM
lol lol
Man, I'm glad I got boys ! lol
They just want football jerseys.

Me too! My boys are only 3 & 5 yrs old now, but I guess the sports stuff and name brand clothes (I recently saw a pair of torn and grass-stained jeans for $250 at the mall :shocked04:) and such can be just as pricey as dresses and shoes lol At least we won't have to pay for their weddings though :rolleyes:

Ill Digger
01-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Me too! My boys are only 3 & 5 yrs old now, but I guess the sports stuff and name brand clothes and such can be as pricey as dresses lol At least we won't have to pay for their weddings though :rolleyes:

thumbsup01 lol :angelic:
Yeah some of the offical jerseys (which they don't get many of) are pretty pricey . But they aren't really into designer jeans and stuff. They like to wear the basketball pants and shorts. Which is cool with me !! lol