PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED UPDATE: Once More Into the Emergency Room!

M-Taliesin
01-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Howdy Folks!
Things went badly around 4pm in the afternoon, and I started bleeding out pretty profusely through the bandages. EMS was called, and I got myself delivered to the emergency room. They got it under control, and I returned home.

If you want to see a photo of the mess at the emergency room, just pop me a PM with your email and I'll send you the photo.

People with gun shots often lose less blood than I did that evening. So they put in a couple of stitches and resolved the problem. Only I couldn't walk so I had to call the fire department to get a Lift Assist to help me get out of the car and into the house.

Right now, things are mostly under control.

Thanks to you all for well wishes, prayers, and kind thoughts. Its nice to know there are folks out there who care. Much obliged.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

-----------------------------------------
Howdy Folks!
In about 6 hours as I write this, I'll be headed back for another try at surgery to mend my knee. It has been a long and strange road getting here.

For those who don't know, I was at work when I tore my medial meniscus, and also badly damaged the lateral meniscus. Hyperextension of the knee that resulted from running into a stationary object really made a mess of my knee. The only cure is to get it fixed surgically.

First I was to have the operation at the end of August. That got put on the back burner when I developed a blood clot in that same leg, a few inches below and behind the knee. Once the blood clot was dissolved with blood thinners, I was scheduled for surgery on December 31st, and really wanted to put that particular memory of 2010 behind me. The last thing I wanted was to carry this into another year. But despite my showing up for surgery, getting all prepped up and suitably attired with one of them fashionable hospital gowns that let your backside catch some fresh air, the medical types couldn't get an I.V. started. Not that they didn't try. They poked me time and again, without finding a vein. If they couldn't start an I.V., they couldn't do the operation. So it got pushed back again.

Well tomorrow is the latest attempt.
------------------------------
<Snip> The job got done!
Late afternoon, things turned bad.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Poker Jim
01-25-2011, 02:16 AM
Good luck Mel. Hope all goes well and you are back on the mend soon. I know you have been dealing with this for a while, will be thinking of you.

Poker Jim

jkress
01-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Sounds like you've been on quite the bumpy road with your knee.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow for you. :yes:

Best of luck to you M-T.

giant056
01-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Good luck with your knee Mel and when you go to therapy listen to them people cause if you don't the muscles won't heal right, I knew a guy who had the exact same surgery I did the last time on my knee and he didn't follow instructions and a year later he still couldn't straighten his leg back out. That goes with the say No Pain No Gain

zrickkid
01-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Good luck. Youll be back out there in no time flat! :angelic:

Evan/tn
01-25-2011, 07:43 AM
There gonna fix you up as good as new Mel
In and out in about three hours thumbsup01

exsquid
01-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Wish you the best Mel....

But really, I think you should wait till at least noon before you go hunt....you do need to heal first.... rofl

Dimeman
01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Hope the surgery went well and you will heal up quick.

marinedad
01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
wishing you a successfull surgery and speedy recovery mel. you just don't want to hear the dr. say oops during surgery like happened to me during one of my knee surgery's. lol

russellt
01-25-2011, 07:44 PM
ill pray for you.... :yes:

coinnut
01-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Congrats on your operation :cheering: :cheering: They did fix the correct knee didn't they? lol Glad it worked out for you. Hope the down time is short. Don't over do it, the coins can wait :yes:

Nitro 54
01-25-2011, 10:15 PM
TRY and take it easy for a while after the repair M-T :grin: :grin: :behave: :behave: We'll get Pipster to tie you to your chair if you don't .. lol lol

odave
01-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Glad Your surgery went well for You Mel !!
And Larry's right do all the PT !!!!!!!!
It's all up hill now Buddy :beerbuddy:

RichK
01-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Great news Mel! Heal quick.

Judy
01-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Hope the surgery went well and you will heal up quick.

Yeah, definitely!!! :yes:

tanacat
01-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Hope you mend quickly Mel :yes: Got lots of treasure mags?? Just think- by the time you're up to speed the snow should've melted thumbsup01

Dimeman
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
You are having a time with trying to get that knee taken care of. I sure hope that this--yet another setback will be fixed correctly and then you can be back on the road to recovery.
Sending best wishes on a better outcome.

del
01-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Mel I can only offer you the best wishes on the leg mending , take things easy and don't over do it as moderation is the key to recouping after something like this . my prayers are for your speedy recovery my friend.

Dan

DaleGM
01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
good luck and quick healing to ya Mel,use you time wisely 3 hrs is not alot of time with those pretty little nurses :kiss: