PDA

View Full Version : My 1910 park is being good to me...

Jack Flynn
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I've hunted it Sunday and today for a 4.5 hour total. Mostly all clad and a couple of wheaties but fun fun fun. This place has never been hunted and I couldn't get out of a double car garage sized area either day. Got a 1951 wheat at 8 with the X8 coil at 28 sensitivity. I was tickled! Here's Sundays and the next two are todays. I stayed on my knees....

coinnut
12-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Wow... all of that from a small area?? Great hunt!! You will busy for a while there!!

Epi-hunter
12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Do you need some help? ;) That looks like a great opportunity! It will take you a long time to cover it all, but it will be lots of fun and well worth the time!

Jack Flynn
12-01-2009, 09:31 PM
It's a very small area for sure. The park is probably 6 to 8 acres. Lot's of trash, good trash mind you. I've only pulled 1 pulltab and a couple of screw caps. Lot's of nails! There is a bunch of small aluminum foil or tinfoil pieces in the ground. funny thing is a lot of the trash reads out and not a lot of nulling just singing by the machine. I'm gonna go back over the small place with the X 5 Sunray when it gets here, should pull some more, but TEDIOUS with a coil that small. Anybody wants to join in on a hunt there pm me. I have permission from the city and the only one that has it :cheesysmile: It's good to have great friends. When the grass dies I'll have all the city properties to hunt that are manicured :drool: :smitten:

angellionel
12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
That's a lot of targets for a small area. :shocked04:stretcher: You should do very well with a small coil, and I suspect you will be pulling some deep ones too, if the wheat is any indication of what may be there.

del
12-02-2009, 03:43 AM
That's a lot of targets for a small area.

that was my sentiment exactly Angel . that place should keep you busy for some time and best of luck.

OkieDigger
12-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Doesn't sound like that park gets hit much. Keep going!

marchas45
12-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I guess your having fun Jack that's a lot of digging on good targets and that's when it's fun. thumbsup01

MNDigger
12-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Nice haul! Keep at it and it should give up some more goodies!