PDA

View Full Version : Testing my AT Pro--1st & 2nd test

Dimeman
01-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone,

I got my Garrett AT Pro this afternoon and will be making some tests on it, and posting my thoughts on it and maybe some short videos on the forum in the next few days or so.

greg
01-27-2011, 04:23 PM
looking forward to it

v3ikid
01-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Cool. It will be nice to see your results.

coinnut
01-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Great. I like the amount of iron reject that is in there. Lots of numbers to fine tune it so most iron is rejected. A lot of nice features on that machine. Look forward to hearing how it goes.

pulltabsteve
01-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Im glad you'll be doing the test. I trust your input Robbie! The AT pro just may be my next machine thumbsup01

Dimeman
01-27-2011, 06:36 PM
1st test of the AT Pro

Garrett AT Pro Coin VDI numbers

Tested each coin with at least 6 passes under the coil in STD Zero mode.

Coin tested number reading

Ike $1------------------------97-99
New small dollar----------- 87
silver half dollar-------------93
clad half dollar--------------92
quarter-----------------------88-90
dime---------------------------83
copper Lincoln 1 cent-------80
Indian Head 1 cent---------76
Zinc Lincoln------------------75
5 cents----------------------52-53
War nickel------------------52-53

This was an air test to get a baseline of the VDI for different coins. Coins in the ground could have a slightly higher or lower number due to different soil conditions.

Nitro 54
01-27-2011, 10:04 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: You sure have a lot of new VDI's to learn after using Whites for so many years..

Dimeman
01-27-2011, 10:32 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: You sure have a lot of new VDI's to learn after using Whites for so many years..

Ain't THAT the truth...... 8/
Gonna have to bring a cheat sheet like I did when I 1st got my Whites M6. lol

zrickkid
01-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Cant wait to see the actual in field results! ;) thumbsup01

M-Taliesin
01-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Howdy Robbie!
You surely got your hands on an awesome machine. From what I saw at Garrett's factory, that unit should perform as well, if not better than, an MXT. It also runs on 15khz frequency. But it has one critical advantage the MXT lacks: It can be submerged up to 10 feet of water. That opens up a whole bunch of beach hunting that the MXT can never match.

I'll be looking forward to your impressions as you work with that machine.
Don't forget to test out that pro mode too. I believe it will prove to be an outstanding machine for hunting in any terrain, any environment, and any situation.

I hope to get one myself in the next couple of months.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Here is my 2nd test of the AT Pro.

Garrett AT Pro VDI number test -- Misc items

Detector set in STD and Zero mode.

This is a baseline test to see the numeric scale on items normally found while coin and jewelry detecting.
Each item was passed under the coil at least 6 times to get repeatable number signal.

NOTE--Items in the ground may read lower or higher numbers due to different soil conditions, and the way the item may be situated in the ground.

ITEM VDI NUMBER

Sm. 10K gold ring------------42-43
Lg. junk earing-------------------47
Sm. religious charm----------52-53
Sq. end pull tab----------------53-55
Sm. silver earing----------------63
Sm. charm------------------------66
Med. charm-----------------------70
Med. plated ring-----------------76
Chuck-E-Cheese token-------78
Lg. plated ring-------------------80
Sm. silver charm----------------82
Sm. silver ring--------------------84
Med. silver ring-------------------89
Aluminum token------------------92
Lg. silver ring----------------------92-92
14K gold chain 21 inch---------48-50

Having used Whites detectors for 20 years it will be a learning experiance for the VDI numbers and the way the Garrett tones are. I had a Garrett many, many years ago, and the single tone bell tone, was not to my liking. :(
The AT Pro has 3 tones and only the high tone is the Bell tone sound. Much better !!!!!!! :yes:

jkress
01-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Very interesting so far Dimeman.

Looking forward for more. :yes:

Dimeman
02-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I haven't even started to use the different things to adjust on the AT Pro, like the iron reject, and the different aspects of the Pro Mode.

I'm in beginner mode on it, because it is different than all the Whites I have used in the last 20 years, and am trying to learn the basics 1st, then move on to the other options on the detector.

BOWSER
02-01-2011, 10:52 PM
glad to hear about your finds are these finds in areas you have hunte before or are they new hunting areas, also what are the depths involved here ,i would imagine they are about the same.If you decide you like one brand over the other will you mail me the brand detectors you don't want anymore.Your friend jim, I will pm my address

Dimeman
02-02-2011, 12:04 AM
glad to hear about your finds are these finds in areas you have hunte before or are they new hunting areas, also what are the depths involved here ,i would imagine they are about the same.If you decide you like one brand over the other will you mail me the brand detectors you don't want anymore.Your friend jim, I will pm my address

The areas I have searched before. The 2nd outing all but 2 coins were dug at over 6 inches deep, in a small area where I tried the M6 and 6X10 coil.

OK Jim-----I'll only charge you postage. ;).........but I tell you, my postage is really expensive.......... :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

greg
02-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Just like e-bey rofl rofl rofl

wingmaster
02-04-2011, 07:40 PM
The areas I have searched before. The 2nd outing all but 2 coins were dug at over 6 inches deep, in a small area where I tried the M6 and 6X10 coil.

OK Jim-----I'll only charge you postage. ;).........but I tell you, my postage is really expensive.......... :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:
What coil did you have on the AT pro on this hunt?

Dimeman
02-04-2011, 09:45 PM
What coil did you have on the AT pro on this hunt?

I only have the stock , 8 1/2 X 11 DD coil.