PDA

View Full Version : One Gold Ring on Three Hunts!

M-Taliesin
01-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Howdy Folks!
Yesterday was a beautiful 69 degrees as the wife and I visited Colorado Springs before moving on to Monument. Some of these items came from our trip south. Today was pretty decent too, with a high in the mid 50's. A real big part of what you'll see here came from today's hunt, including a 10k gold ring. The rest came from a day or two before I went off to surgery.

Anyhow, I didn't find too many goodies, no definate silver, and only one single gold item between these three hunts. Maybe I'm losing my touch?!?! Tomorrow may well be the last nice day of the month as we have a storm headed this way for Monday and Tuesday. We might get some snow and it is claimed it will be real cold on those two days as well. So this might be it for Janaury for Mel! Unless I get a crack at something tomorrow.

The leg is slowly coming around, and is still painful as all heck, but improving. You wouldn't believe the bruise I have. Almost total black and blue from the hip to below the knee. Yes, I am taking it real easy and slow, but the worst part is still getting into and out of the car!

Today I found a cross with Jerusalem on the reverse, a Sac dollar, a few earrings, and the last photo is the 10k gold ring. You'll notice the band is broken, probably how it got lost to start with. Doesn't matter, still good for melt value.

My take was:
44 Quarters = $11.00
18 Nickels = $0.90
40 Dimes = $4.00
92 Pennies = $0.92
1 Sac Dollar = $1.00
Total = $17.82
Coin Count = 195 coins.
Bear in mind, that is the total count for three hunts, not just one!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Snickerdoodle
01-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Nice finds MT your surely getting some good therapy finding all them goodies :cheering: :cheering:interesting:nickers

M-Taliesin
01-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Nice finds MT your surely getting some good therapy finding all them goodies :cheering: :cheering:interesting:nickers

Howdy Snicks!
It sure beats the snot out of physical therapy. I enjoy it more and ain't as hard on myself as them therapists are!
Those folks can put the hurt on a guy! And won't cough up any gold or silver either!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

russellt
01-29-2011, 08:54 PM
dang son , i cant imagine what you would find if you were recovering from a broken arm ,,,,,,, geeeezzzzz... knock em silly MEL

M-Taliesin
01-29-2011, 08:58 PM
dang son , i cant imagine what you would find if you were recovering from a broken arm ,,,,,,, geeeezzzzz... knock em silly MEL

Howdy Pard!
You'd already know if you were on another forum about 2 years ago when I tore out my right shoulder!
That was gruesome! Dislocated shoulder, tore the labrum, fractured the glenoid bone, and some other keen stuff too. It was disasterous. That's when I learned you can still hunt, if sufficiently motivated, using only one arm to both swing and retrieve! It ain't easy, but it can be done. As I recall, I had some real nice finds too!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

zrickkid
01-29-2011, 09:07 PM
You are the man! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Dimeman
01-29-2011, 10:05 PM
You can get more with a on the mend knee, than most of us can on 2 good knees....... crying01

Another nice coin total and assortment of jewelry items :envious: :envious: :envious: :clapping: :clapping:

Nitro 54
01-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Good finds M-T :happydance01: :happydance01: Don't over do your knee repair :behave:

DaleGM
01-30-2011, 12:20 AM
amazing how gold can work like a pain killer,well done Mel :peace: :peace:

Kimster
01-30-2011, 01:47 AM
T-Man, you have the Midas touch. Everytime you touch your metal detector, you find gold. Congrats on more great finds. Get well and keep getting exercise for that knee. You need to be in good shape when I get out there to Colorado to find out what your secret is.... thumbsup01

Salty Dog
01-30-2011, 07:08 AM
Nice Recoverys Mel,you and the finds today :beerbuddy:

wingmaster
01-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Congrats on the gold.

odave
01-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Awesome recoveries in more than one way :beerbuddy: Congrats Mel

cnr_dogs
01-30-2011, 11:07 AM
good hunt WTG on the nice variety glad to hear the leg is coming around

coinnut
01-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Nice couple of hunts. Congrats on the 10K :happydance01:

RichK
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Great hunt Mel :grin:
Ya....those Physical Terrorist dudes can really put the old OUCH on ya at times :blackeye:
Hang in there with that knee!

Rich

M-Taliesin
01-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Ya....those Physical Terrorist dudes can really put the old OUCH on ya at times :blackeye:
Hang in there with that knee!

Howdy Rich!
First, looks like you just came around to the forum, so welcome aboard amigo!
Second, I've always said that I believe physical therapists are pining for the days of the Grand Inquisition.
They missed out on all the fun, so went into an occupation that is as close as it gets with the exception of an interrogator at Gitmo!

We got cold and snow coming, so I'll be taking a few days off. That should help some.
Plus I visit the surgeon tomorrow. Cant wait to see what he has in mind!
NOBODY EXPECTS the Spanish Inquisition!!! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

coinnut
01-30-2011, 08:00 PM
I think we need a contest to see who gets to give Mel his physical therapy lol That would be fun :thinkingabout:

M-Taliesin
01-30-2011, 08:18 PM
I think we need a contest to see who gets to give Mel his physical therapy lol That would be fun :thinkingabout:

Howdy Coinnut!
Last time I got PT, I believe the guy got his degree from the Marquis d'Sade school of Physical Rehabilitation.
Yeah. We got along just peachy!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

coinnut
01-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Howdy Coinnut!
Last time I got PT, I believe the guy got his degree from the Marquis d'Sade school of Physical Rehabilitation.
Yeah. We got along just peachy!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

We can take care of you Mel...just give us the chance lol Hope it all goes well and they don't hurt you even more :yes:

leslie(nova scotia)
01-31-2011, 06:14 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....getting old sucks. Fell your pain with the leg as I'm in the same boat. Nice scoff of goodies on your hunts. Keep it up. Sardines and fish oil for the leg!

M-Taliesin
01-31-2011, 06:34 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....getting old sucks. Fell your pain with the leg as I'm in the same boat. Nice scoff of goodies on your hunts. Keep it up. Sardines and fish oil for the leg!

Howdy Leslie!
I'll be seeing the surgeon today and find out how I'm progressing.
I think I should be appling heat to the area by now, but won't do anything without his input.

Thanks for the suggestion, but how do you get the sardines to stay on? They just fall off
when I stand up!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JTGOLD
01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
like I have said befor very good hunt Mel,nice finds and get that knee healed up too