PDA

View Full Version : guests

BOWSER
01-30-2011, 06:29 PM
i just looked to see that there 338 people viewing this forum,i would think that some of them are thinking of joining in.That would be pretty cool if they joined us in conversation as we do, as if we were all sitting in one living room. Others are just to shy. I thin. That's a shame because the most likely have a lot to offer and information to share. :yes:

del
01-30-2011, 06:37 PM
i feel the same way Jim , there are always alot of lurkers on forums who for some reason or another don't participate . they do miss out in other ways in my opinion .

pulltabsteve
01-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Some will sign up :yes: Maybe they are just checking to see if its a friendly place first. Once they read a few posts and check out some of the contests they'll join. Who wouldn't want to belong to the best forum there is :grin:

coinnut
01-30-2011, 07:04 PM
A lot of them just look for info. The only drawback to lurking is that you miss out on the photos we all post. So when everyone is oohing and awwing at the finds, they just get words :crying02:

greg
01-30-2011, 07:19 PM
It is kind of strange that there are so many. Don't cost any thing to become a member :confused:

Nitro 54
01-30-2011, 07:38 PM
[size=1:crazy:t]HEY LURKERS,,, Really, this is a very friendly bunch here :grin: :grin: :grin:

Judy
01-30-2011, 09:24 PM
lol lol Ditto what Nitro said - come on in - water's fine thumbsup01

psychposse
01-30-2011, 11:41 PM
...would be pretty cool if they joined us in conversation as we do, as if we were all sitting in one living room...

I hope ya got one heck of a BIG living room :shocked01:

BOWSER
01-31-2011, 12:11 AM
it wasn't your turn to speak :-\

jkress
01-31-2011, 12:59 AM
Yes... Come on in and pull up a chair everyone. :yes:

If you all are checking this site out, you probably have some goodies that I would like to drool over and add to my wish list. :smitten:

psychposse
01-31-2011, 01:14 AM
it wasn't your turn to speak :-\

My bad :shocked01:

[Raises Hand]

Judy
01-31-2011, 01:35 AM
rofl rofl rofl

giant056
01-31-2011, 05:41 AM
Those names are the ones that have been viewing the forum in the past day.

rsarge1
01-31-2011, 06:29 PM
the one yhing i've noticed also is there is one real shy person under hidden I wonder who that may be LOL

M-Taliesin
01-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Howdy Folks!
My theory is that most of them are White's dealers, execs, techie types, and others who are wondering whatever became of their customer base. I've been watching numbers here and there, and it really is looking grim for some folks who like to sell metal detectors.

i.e.:
1/31/11 7:55am
American Detectorist: 344 Guests, 115 Users
Whites: 168 users online. 18 members and 150 guests

1/31/11 4:47 p.m.
American Detectorist: 348 Guests, 110 Users
Whites: 200 users online. 35 members and 165 guests

Seems a trend may be developing, and I'm fixing to track it awhile. Could enhance my humor.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

RWJR13
01-31-2011, 07:22 PM
.......Man...that some great stats........... <:

DaleGM
01-31-2011, 11:41 PM
we were all lurkers one time or another,
so............

SeabeeRon
02-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Some of those guests may be what they call &quot:beerbuddy:ots, kind of an automated search thingy (can you tell I am very technically inclined, thingy being a technical term! :twirlingeyes:)

BOWSER
02-01-2011, 10:23 PM
i'm bettin that you and i ,have done alot of lurkin on other forums Ron ;)

M-Taliesin
02-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Howdy Jim!
Consider the notion that many of those are bots. I've been doing a spreadsheet on our numbers vs. another forum. Since I started tracking numbers, I haven't seen where we had fewer than 100 members online here. The number of guests seems to remain pretty consistent at an average of around 335.

Compare that to another forum, where I've seen as few as 8 members to a high of 35 (kinda dismal performance, really) and the number of guests averaging around 185.

I am interested to see how numbers compare/contrast after a week of tracking.
Nothing says failure quite like forum where mods outnumber active users for a significant portion of the day!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

RichK
02-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Some of those guests may be what they call &quot:beerbuddy:ots, kind of an automated search thingy (can you tell I am very technically inclined, thingy being a technical term! :twirlingeyes:)

Yup...it's an old Seabee term!

Judy
02-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Mel ~ 3 to 4 of them are admin & mods too out of that 8 number lol

Rich ~ thingy is used often by me as well :yes: lol

Dimeman
02-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Mel ~ 3 to 4 of them are admin & mods too out of that 8 number lol

Rich ~ thingy is used often by me as well :yes: lol

It sure must get boring hoping they get someone to post a question there, so they have something to do besides stare at a screen that doesn't change.......... :devilish: rofl :devilish: rofl

M-Taliesin
02-02-2011, 01:06 PM
It sure must get boring hoping they get someone to post a question there, so they have something to do besides stare at a screen that doesn't change.......... :devilish: rofl :devilish: rofl

Howdy Robbie!
Things keep going as they are, they won't have any posts to lock or delete except each other's!!! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

KYBuzzBox
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM
You are right Mel....it sure is awful quiet over there.... :sleepy:

How's the knee doing since your surgery?

HH...KYBuzzBox

BOWSER
02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
i'm not sure what a thingy is,whatever it is ,i think my doctor advised against it :dontknow:

greg
02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

M-Taliesin
02-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Howdy Amigo!
Why bother going there when everybody that mattered is over here?
After all, it ain't like they value their customers or anything!

Oh, just peachy! After coming home from surgery, I sprung a leak. Blood was everywhere, and I ended up being taken to the emergency room by EMS in an ambulance to get stitches. That was after spilling a whole bunch of it all over the place. After they stitched it up, it still took a couple of dressings before it finally stopped.

Other than that, it is just fine. Should be up and hunting before much longer. Like I already have, but I ain't talkin'!

Meanwhile, another stray came in and we have an active forum here with everybody enjoying the company of all our friends who left that other place. Won't be long the only people over there are the mods, and they'll have nobody to abuse but each other!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Vito
02-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Howdy Folks!
~
i.e.:

~
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Hey Mel, I know American Detectorist, but what the heck is that other thingy :shocked01: :rolleyes: :thinkingabout: :dontknow:

P.S.: Hope you're ok for the new season. :yes: thumbsup01

M-Taliesin
02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey Mel, I know American Detectorist, but what the heck is that other thingy :shocked01: :rolleyes: :thinkingabout: :dontknow:

P.S.: Hope you're ok for the new season. :yes: thumbsup01

Howdy kRAut!
I ain't sure what that other thingy is, only that Bowser's doctor tole him he ain't supposed to mess with it! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
02-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Howdy Folks!
My theory is that most of them are White's dealers, execs, techie types, and others who are wondering whatever became of their customer base. I've been watching numbers here and there, and it really is looking grim for some folks who like to sell metal detectors.

i.e.:

Seems a trend may be developing, and I'm fixing to track it awhile. Could enhance my humor.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

About 4 days ago their active members showed 656.......just looked and now it shows 632.......... :stretcher:

Looks like membership picked up here though........ :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

KYBuzzBox
02-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Robbie...I'll bet I know where they went... rofl

Gredge
02-03-2011, 09:57 AM
If your talking about the other forum (W*****Elec) then they have one less active member.
Active member, is that the thingy your talking about. Couldn't post that type of humour you know where. Or maybee you can't here and I'll get kicked off to another forum, again.

What's the world coming to, when you can't have a laff and a bit of banter.

Gredge.

greg
02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
If your talking about the other forum (W*****Elec) then they have one less active member.
Active member, is that the thingy your talking about. Couldn't post that type of humour you know where. Or maybee you can't here and I'll get kicked off to another forum, again.

What's the world coming to, when you can't have a laff and a bit of banter.

Gredge.

Well if you want to laugh go and see how many posts in one day and what they post

M-Taliesin
02-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Gredge.

Howdy Pard!
The folks over here aren't likely to kick you off for minor infractions. They just don't.
You gotta mess up pretty egregiously to merit attention because these folks tend to leave folks be.
So relax, enjoy the banter, and this forum.

Meanwhile, we might think of ways to boost membership here on the A.D. forum.
Call it recompense for the great treatement we've found here.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

zrickkid
02-04-2011, 05:33 PM
This is a great place to share finds or get info on detecting. The membership has exploded recently. Keep em coming. :yes: thumbsup01

M-Taliesin
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM

Howdy Pard!
The knee is improving daily. Getting better.
As for quiet over there, I'm tracking numbers.
They lost another couple of member users today.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin