PDA

View Full Version : Trash file for the EtracEm:huh:

MercMan
01-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Has anyone seen a file of trash targets for the Etrac Emulator yet?

Nitro 54
01-30-2011, 07:41 PM
:thinkingabout: Would this be information of targets you have scanned :-\ :dontknow:

coinnut
01-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Has anyone seen a file of trash targets for the Etrac Emulator yet?

I've seen some a while back, but they didn't do me much good since most of the targets were different from what I find here. But some of the pull tab info may be of use, if they are the same shape. Same goes for bottle caps. It's easier to just grab a handful of the most common offenders and record the numbers yourself. This way you get them right for your particular machine. I haev seen some machines read things a bit different in air tests and coil configurations. Some areas read targets way different in ground conditions. I would take the pull tabs and bottle caps and get some air readings and them bury them 5 deep and get some ground readings. You don't want to rely on someones numbers half way across the country if you are trying to find gold among the pulltabs. Just some thoughts on numbers :confused:

MercMan
01-31-2011, 04:24 PM
I have just been playing around with some of the coins files available on the net. Thought it might be educational, if there was a trash file, to play around with different settings to see if one way was easier to recognize/separate different targets.

By varying the settings on the coins it has helped in the field. Just thought I might learn something from a common trash file.

I had the opportunity to search with two other Etracs recently. It was interesting how differently they read just because we were all were running different setting/patterns. That got me to playing with the emulator.

coinnut
01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
I took forever for the American coin version to come out lol It may be of some help though and if you live where I do, there is a lot of time to practice now :frozen: :frozen: :frozen: lol