PDA

View Full Version : January 30th woods hunt

giant056
01-31-2011, 07:47 AM
I got some mediocre finds but still it shows me that there's relics out there worth digging, this was in about a foot of snow and I was using my relic shovel, along with the D2 coil on my V3i. The railroad spike was way deep and was probably coated with 1/2 of rust. I figure since I put all the working into removing all that rust I might as well post it.
There's a big storm moving in here today and I'm not detecting today or for probably the rest of this week so it will give me plenty of time to set up a custom relic program, one that will be sensitive to the coins also but still be able to find those stainless objects and the iron relics. I'm bound and determined to find a complete cast iron toy this year. I've wanted to find one ever since I seen when Dave from Iowa posted his cast iron toy on the Whites forum a few years back(I'm pretty sure it was a motorcycle, I just never really tried that hard and it will bring some new life to the old hammered spots again where the old stuff is. :yes:

Nitro 54
01-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Nice find Larry thumbsup01 thumbsup01 It looks like them knives are still very much useable.. :) :) I see on the weather you guy's in the north mid west are going to get hammered with more snow :blackeye: :frozen: :frozen:

pulltabsteve
01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Very cool Larry! Yup, I heard on the radio this morning that you will be getting hit hard with snow. Hang in there, spring is coming...

jkress
01-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Nice hunt Larry... you sure are putting in the effort. I like the spike... sooner or later one of those signals will pay off big.

I'm pretty sure Dave posted the toy you are referring to in the Toy Contest today. It is a really nice piece... especially in person.

I'm with you, this year I really want to find more items like that. :clapping:

Congrats on the hunt.

odave
02-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Nice finds Larry..I find a lot of those Railroad spikes.

Here are a bunch I found at low water at a Lake I hunt.

zrickkid
02-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Interesting stuff.. I've foud two railroad spikes my self. :yes:

Evan/tn
02-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Neat finds Larry,those spikes can sink deep!