PDA

View Full Version : Have you dreamed about metal detecting?

danhughes
01-31-2011, 10:08 AM
How many of you have had dreams - real dreams, while you were asleep - about treasure hunting?

I got the idea for this topic because it hit me that although I have dreamed of other things important to me - radio DJing and fishing - I don't think I've ever dreamed about metal detecting.

My radio dreams are nightmares. I'm on the air, the song ends, I turn on my mic but it doesn't work. I try to play a commercial, the machine is dead. I try to start the next song, it won't go. So I'm in a panic, trying to figure out how to stop the dead air. In fact, radio people call this The Dream, and it is very common for DJs to have recurring nightmares like this.

My fishing dreams are the opposite - they are great. Usually I'm using a new lure I've invented, and I'm catching huge bass on every cast.

SO - good or bad, what have you dreamed about our hobby?

If I get enough interesting answers I'll do a podcast on this subject.

---Dan Hughes, http://thetreasurecorner.com

Bell-Two
01-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Yes I did have a dream about metal detecting. I dreamt I was invited to do a show on a TV network sort of like Discovery channel. It was to be about how to metal detect, the show was set up at an old home site and of course there was a lot of introductory stuff before I could get detecting. I found a few things nothing special then my detector gave out a great signal. I dug up the target and it was a cache of seated and capped bust half dollars. They zoomed the camera in and shown what was in the hole. The director said thats it no more time and proceeded to have a crew member fill the hole back in covering up the coins he said if we get the series picked up you can come back and dig it up again...I then awoke.....still waiting from the call from the director :confused:

Ill Digger
01-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Oh yeah...I have !! lol The first couple of months I had my detector I hunted every day!
Hunting tot lots and parks were I was digging close to 250 a day. Some times more :shocked04: Some times way less :rolleyes:
But I was seeing coins in the dirt so much. I would dream about it. But all I remember seeing in my dreams were my hands ,the hole, the dirt, and my hands finding the coins . Over and over and over and..... lol :crazy:

greg
01-31-2011, 11:25 AM
I dream at night while I am sleeping and day dream about it while I am awake. I may even go out and do it for real this spring lol

giant056
01-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Never had a dream while sleeping about it but I day dream about it :yes:

Cheap Thrills
01-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Had my first one the other night as a matter of fact . In it , I found a Caped Bust and Seated Half in the same hole . Of course I would have to have been dreaming to have had that kind of luck .

exsquid
01-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Def have dreams about metal detecting and other things I enjoy. I have always been that way :grin:
It is a bit depressing when I wake up though and the dreams are just that and the cool find or whatever isn't real..... :-\

Bell-Two
01-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Ive had daydreams of that program about jesse james hidden loot.........
when the guy takes his thumb and rubs the dirt(scratching) the gold coin AGRGH !!!! :hammer:

I get to slap him upside his thick head :ticked:

Thats OK he can just go back to the coin shop and buy another one just like the ones they bought for that show!

Salty Dog
02-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Nope never :thinkingabout: mostly high school days and can not find my locker :bangahead01: ,though i have had the same dream several times and was able to tweek the outcome for a better ending :sleepy:

DaleGM
02-01-2011, 05:03 PM
not of detecting but Ive had a few dreams of working at my job site, framing up carrying lumber fixing the dang gun again , and I wake up in the morning tired...........and I dont get paid for it :bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangahead01:

Dimeman
02-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I bet a certain forum member( I won't say who...) had some nightmares about a truck and a crushed MXT........... :crying02: :crying02:

rofl rofl rofl

Nitro 54
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Not that I can remember :confused: :confused:

I know that one Robbie rofl rofl

Jaybird
02-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Yes there are dreams and daydreams about 3 different caches. One dates back to my childhood (50 years ago) and involves a Great Uncle of mine who lived a couple of blocks away in a small house in the South Central part of Nebraska. He was a hermit of sorts, had epilepsy, and buried money. After a very severe seizure a fruitjar of money was recovered by relatives from his instructions. He recovered from this seizure in a hospital, returned home, and eventually had another grand mall seizure which he never recovered from. I have dreamed about recovering a fruit jar that he probably buried and never recovered.

Number 2 cache (dream) was told to me at the time I entered into the Metal Detecting Hobby in the 1970's back in Nebraska by a co-worker. He and some other young boys were hired when he was a young boy (early 1900's) by his Aunt to dig random holes in a bank of a creek where an Indian village once stood. Their target was to find a sack of gold that his Aunt saw the Indians bury and supposedly never recovered. After some 35 years in this hobby, I have researched this story, secured permission from the present landowner 2 years ago and am headed back there to search for it after dreaming about finding it or any other cache this spring.
The third one I dream about finding was told to me just about 2 years ago. It involved a very old house that burnt to the ground The ladyof the house told friends of a fruit jar of coins she saved, mainly Silver Dollars. A neighbor that lives close by told me about the others who have looked for the jar without success. These last two stories I have daydreamed about long enough and am ready to act on as they are in the same general area. I am retired now and look forward to a trip back to my old home and persuing my dreams this spring.

Thanks, Dan for prompting the memories. :)Great website 8) by the way.

Jay

M-Taliesin
02-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Howdy Amigo!
I frequently dream about detecting. And in my dreams, I often see myself finding gold necklaces, bracelets, rings and even gold coins. If only my dreams would translate into my waking world, I'd be set for life.

Lately I've been dreaming about going to old mining sites and ghost towns and finding veritable treasure troves.
Those particular dreams I hope to parlay into reality this coming summer.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin