PDA

View Full Version : 2nd outing with the AT PRO

Dimeman
01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
2nd outing with the AT PRO

Went back to the park, where on Saturday I dug a coin spill of 26 wheats and also dug a 1964 silver quarter from the grounds. I still am in the learning process so I kept the STD Mode on, and tried to recheck some signals using the PRO Mode. Still learning, the VDI numbers, I notched out everything 70 and below.

I know I could be missing some good items, but I can always return and try after I get the higher VDI targets dug from there.

I had a better idea of the workings of the detector in the STD Mode, but did forget to recheck some quarter signals in the PRO Mode and dug a few bottlecaps because of it. One cap was not the typical bottlecap and it did fool me as did another bottlecap that was a little larger in size.The Tone Roll Audio is a great feature !!!!!!!! Most of the parks I have searched have bottlecaps and more bottlecaps in the ground. It is nice to be able to NOT dig them and still get to the coins, close to them.

The DD coil does a very good job at separating close targets. I still have a little trouble in the pinpointing mode to get the exact location of the target before digging, but I am getting closer each time.

When you are searching, some of the signals did sound off the high tone but if you scan the target a few times some will then show as iron. Guess most detectors have this wrap around signal where a larger piece of iron will sometimes show as a good sounding target.

As the only coins I found today were clad, in the park today, all but a couple of coins were dug at over 6 inches deep. The area I searched was one I had searched before, using my Whites M6 and 6X10 DD coil. I had thought it was pretty clean of coins. That's what I get for thinking.

After I was done with the park I came home and searched a small section of my yard. This section is one I have searched with all the other 12 metal detectors I have had. At 4 inches the AT PRO located a penny signal and when I dug it up--- it was a wheat cent !!!!!!!!!

I am liking this one, more and more each time I use it.

Nitro 54
01-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Good finds Robbie thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Your doing good with the Pro :clapping: :clapping:

Spike
01-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow was that in the standard mode :shocked04: :shocked04: :drool:

Dimeman
01-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Wow was that in the standard mode :shocked04: :shocked04: :drool:

I am using the STD Mode, then on some signals, put it in PRO Mode to double check for a good target.

giant056
02-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Good score on the wheat thumbsup01 that's gotta be a nice detector for the water, it's the first I've seen that has a display screen and is completely digital like that.

Dimeman
02-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Good score on the wheat thumbsup01 that's gotta be a nice detector for the water, it's the first I've seen that has a display screen and is completely digital like that.

Even if it wasn't waterproof, it still is a great detector for the price. :yes:

odave
02-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Good hunt Robbie thumbsup01 Congrats on the Wheat !