PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone

DAN03USMC
02-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Just found this site a couple of days ago. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, especialy the folks from the White's forum. I do not post my finds there any more because I am no longer swinging a White's. 2010 will go down in the record books for me, my best year ever. I will have to do a best of post for ya. Oh, BTW I live in Mass. Dan

Carl in Louisiana
02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Welcome aboard Dan thumbsup01 Pull up a chair and sit a spell you'll like the folks here they are the greatest <:

del
02-01-2011, 03:38 PM
well howdy neighbor ( just south of you in Connecticut) , welcome to the forum Dan , you must be enjoying our weather as well :frozen: lol lol . well atleast you can catch up on some good reading here . hey by the way thanks for your service to our country sir. take care.

Dan

DaleGM
02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
welcome aboard Dan,looking forward to seeing some of those nice finds, what kind of machine are you swinging now.........

Lowjiber
02-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Welcome from southern Nevada. You can post finds with any machine here...no sweat.

My wife's a Former Marine. Hard as a pop-bottle and quicker-than-two-cats.

(Army guy here.)

RounderRick
02-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey Dan, welcome to the forum it's a great place here.
I to use to swing a whites and was a member over there but it's nice to be able to compare all the brands out there.

SeabeeRon
02-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Good to have you here Dan, WELCOME from the West Coast!! 8)

greg
02-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Just found this site a couple of days ago. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, especialy the folks from the White's forum. I do not post my finds there any more because I am no longer swinging a White's. 2010 will go down in the record books for me, my best year ever. I will have to do a best of post for ya. Oh, BTW I live in Mass. Dan

Hello I am saving to buy a E_trac

giant056
02-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Welcome to a great forum Dan thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Welcome Dan! Glad you made it over here. thumbsup01

jkress
02-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist Dan. :beerbuddy:

Looking forward to what you and that Etrac find this year. :yes:

I'll be keeping an eye for your 'Best of' post.

Jeff (or)
02-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Welcome Dan, great to have you here. <:

Dimeman
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Glad you could join us. Welcome to a great forum !!!!!!!!!! :beerbuddy:

coinnut
02-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey Dan, welcome aboard from western Massachusetts where it is 112 degrees and sunny outside :frozen: :frozen: rofl Can't wait to see what you have found this past year. :clapping:

psychposse
02-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Glad ya found the forum. You will be liking it here <:

Ill Digger
02-01-2011, 07:33 PM
:grin: Welcome to the forum from the frozen corn fields of Illinois !! :frozen:

M-Taliesin
02-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Howdy Pard!
A big hello from the Colorado Front Range of the Rocky Mountains!
Glad you found your way to us here. I wonder how many other folks are feeling left in the lurch at that 'other' forum. Guess customers just aren't something they fancy much over there.

Notice how you can talk about another brand of detector over here without being burnt to a crisp by a moderator?
And you can talk about life as you experience it without having your posts locked or deleted either.

It is my firm hope that we can get everybody back from the old gang onto this forum, where your dignity isn't infringed and you won't be insulted or abused. Every time I see another survivor, I surely am thankful for their arrival here.

Never bought anything other than a White's before, but in the coming year, expect to buy at least 3 machines from Garrett. Those would have been sales for White's, but since White's doesn't respect me none, I'll take my business elsewhere. No problemo! Visited Garretts and hope to become a dealer one day too! But I ain't got much hankering left for White's. They had me at hello, and lost me at Go to another forum if you don't like it!

Anyhow, I digress. As often happens. Sorry about that.

Point being, welcome to the forum. This is a terrific place, and you'll likely know a whole bunch of people here. I'll be looking forward to seeing your finds!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

odave
02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome aboard Dan !!

Dixie Rebel
02-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Welcome Dan.

Nitro 54
02-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Welcome Dan :peace: thumbsup01 Jump in with both feet so we can see if you can swim :grin: :grin: :grin:

russellt
02-01-2011, 09:51 PM
nitro, im dissapointed in you.. dan's a marine , of corse he's coming in feet first and ill bet my lunch money he can swim.... now then .. welcome aboard swab :boxing:

DAN03USMC
02-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes.
M-Taliesin and others- I hope I didn't give the impression that I was upset with the White's or their site, because I am not at all. I was using their detectors with very good results. I bought a V3 used it for a year, and didn't care for it. I liked my DFX better. Long story short, I decided to go with a Minelab (E-Trac). Within twenty min I felt more comfortable with the Etrac than I did after a year with my V3.
I do not do tot lots or modern parks. I detect old colonial, pre colonial and older sites. The Etrac is just a better fit for the type of detecting I do.
I stopped posting on the White's site because I am no longer detecting with a white's machine. That whole site is dedicated to their brand of detectors. The manufacturer (whites) is paying the bills and I respect their rules, what ever they might be. I feel they have the right to keep everything within certain boundries.
I would also like to add that WHITE'S IS THE BEST COMPANY THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH, NO EXCEPTIONS. I am not just talking about metal detecting manufacturers, I mean of any company I have ever dealt with.
I do not spend much time dealing with the superfluous topics not related to detecting, so not a problem for me. What I care most about is, topics that will help me in the field, to become a better detectorist. I also like the gear reviews. I just ordered a stealth X-5 based on coinnut's reviews. Thank you coinnut.

BOWSER
02-02-2011, 07:59 AM
hi dan, different farm stand, same nuts. :rolleyes:

Carver
02-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Great to see you again Dan!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Bedrock
02-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Nice to see you here Dan. And I am looking forward to seeing some of your finds this year. Hope you enjoy the Etrak.

coinnut
02-02-2011, 10:10 AM
I just ordered a stealth X-5 based on coinnut's reviews. Thank you coinnut.

Hey Dan, you will love that coil. If you need some input when it comes in (and when you can actually dig lol) let me know. Del and I hunt colonial cellar holes as our primary type of hunting. That coil is great for the cellar hole lip as well as a great trashy park or old house coil. You can crank the sensitivity all the way, but I like to have it around 28. II've tried a bunch of coils, (certainly not all of them), an have always come back around to having only 2 coils - the 11 Pro coil and the X-5.

DAN03USMC
02-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Coinnut, I had been doing research , but was still on the fence. I was on the other forums and some of the high-liners were highly recommending it. It is not always a good idea to jump on a pruduct based on high reviews from others. Different parts of the country have different soils, conditions etc. I did see that you were from Ma and that you hunt the same type of targets and locals. that's what clinched it for me.
I have the 6X8 SEF and like it, but don't feel like it is vastly different from my pro coil ( my go-to coil) I am just hoping that I don't bottom out at 5 of depth with the X-5. From what I have read people are getting depths of 6-7 and I think I read somewhere that one guy got an 8 coin with it.
I have a Kit that I bring with me (into the woods or where-ever) and plan on having those two coils, set up with lower rods with me at all times. I already have a slue of spots I want to re-visit with this coil. I think it will make for a great coil test. I have hit these spots many times with multiple detectors and multiple coils.

angellionel
02-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi Dan, and welcome! Glad you decided to join us. Looking forward to seeing the wonderful finds being made at the colonial sites!

coinnut
02-02-2011, 12:30 PM
You will definitely get 5 from that coil and more. Mine bottoms out at the 7+ inch range. At them depths targets are very iffy but still there. The main reason I like this coil is because it showed me how many targets it can pick out at shallow depths (@4) that were still there after a couple of different detectors went over it (including the Pro Coil). I have mine mounted on lower shafts and since I have the inline probe, changing coils is a snap. I have learned not to jump on any product that someone is raving about unless I see their finds, style of detecting, and region of the country. I have bought too many products that didn't even come close to what was said :rolleyes: Good luck at them sites!!

Coinnut, I had been doing research , but was still on the fence. I was on the other forums and some of the high-liners were highly recommending it. It is not always a good idea to jump on a pruduct based on high reviews from others. Different parts of the country have different soils, conditions etc. I did see that you were from Ma and that you hunt the same type of targets and locals. that's what clinched it for me.
I have the 6X8 SEF and like it, but don't feel like it is vastly different from my pro coil ( my go-to coil) I am just hoping that I don't bottom out at 5 of depth with the X-5. From what I have read people are getting depths of 6-7 and I think I read somewhere that one guy got an 8 coin with it.
I have a Kit that I bring with me (into the woods or where-ever) and plan on having those two coils, set up with lower rods with me at all times. I already have a slue of spots I want to re-visit with this coil. I think it will make for a great coil test. I have hit these spots many times with multiple detectors and multiple coils.

RaZR
02-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Hay Dan!! Welcome. Enjoy your stay here and show us lots of pictures of stuff you find with your Minelab E-Trak detector that is not made by White's. :peace:
It's also not made by Fisher,tesoro or any other company.
(Sorry, it just feels good to be able to type those names)

Salty Dog
02-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Welcome Dan,you will like it here,can't wait to see your finds,Dave

Judy
02-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi Dan - grab a chair :)

marinedad
02-04-2011, 12:47 AM
welcome dan.

tanacat
02-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Welcome from Kentucky! :beerbuddy:

zrickkid
02-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Welcome Dan. Hope to see some of your finds soon.

Goat Rancher
02-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey Dan .................good to see you here. :beerbuddy: