PDA

View Full Version : Omega catches fish

RounderRick
02-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Since I got into this hobby I've heard a few names such as hunting, detecting, dirt fishing and a few others.
I kinda favored dirt fishing but never knew I'd actually dig out a fish rofl
I was in my yard playing around with my new omega and pulled this toy looks like maybe a hammerhead shark has one small wheel by it's tail and can see where 2 had broke off the front of it.
My wife thought I lost my mind when I started laughing she was in a chair reading a little ways away from where I was.
She knows I call it dirt fishing all the time and I held it up and said hey I finally caught a fish so she got a good laugh from it as well then.
Goes to show you really never know what your next target might be it was about 4 or 5 deep so it's been there awhile.
Sorry about the pic I gotta get me one of them good cameras right now I'm using my cell phone.

Dimeman
02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Nice catch !!!!!!!!!!! 8)

If you get a chance sure would like to hear your views and post them, on the Omega.

giant056
02-01-2011, 05:40 PM
cool thumbsup01

Carl in Louisiana
02-01-2011, 05:54 PM
:shocked04: rofl thumbsup01

RounderRick
02-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Nice catch !!!!!!!!!!! 8)

If you get a chance sure would like to hear your views and post them, on the Omega.

Ok I will Dimeman but I want to wait til I get to use it a little more so I can give an honest opinion.
I've only got to get out with it awhile this past weekend with the weather we been having so only maybe a couple hours with it.
Few more features over my regular mxt like the ground grab and freq change an I was just told today the proper way to use it I was doing it all wrong but I did manage to get a quarter that was right around 7 was a good smooth beep and vdi steady.
I really like the weight and I think it's gonna be a great coin machine so if it goes as planned I'm going to keep it to play in the parks with and maybe keep in my truck for some spur of the moment detecting when I'm out and about.
I been keeping up with the at pro to and I have been wanting a water detector for some of the swimming areas so I'm thinking of getting one of them in a couple months and use for that and may try my luck at a little relic hunting.
Plus that way I can carry a friend and loan them one of the detectors too.

jkress
02-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Great catch there! thumbsup01

You are right... you just never know what's going to come out next.

psychposse
02-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Reeled a good one in there thumbsup01

The picture makes it look like it is a real fish and in water - at first I thought it was a picture looking down through an ice hole :crazy:

RounderRick
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Reeled a good one in there thumbsup01

The picture makes it look like it is a real fish and in water - at first I thought it was a picture looking down through an ice hole :crazy:

lol I never noticed it but yeah it does look that way I gotta get me a good camera that's one reason I don't post my coin finds (not that I got anything great anyways) I've taken a couple shots of them but can't make anything out on them.

coinnut
02-01-2011, 09:11 PM
lol I never noticed it but yeah it does look that way I gotta get me a good camera that's one reason I don't post my coin finds (not that I got anything great anyways) I've taken a couple shots of them but can't make anything out on them.

Try a magnifying glass under your camera lens. If you get the distance correct, it will help your pictures out a lot. :yes:

Nitro 54
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
You never know what you going to dig up :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes:

psychposse
02-02-2011, 08:37 AM
If you have a scanner for your computer, that works good too :thinkingabout:

russellt
02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
never ever found a hammerhead shark myself , but then again i dont do much beach huntin