PDA

View Full Version : Ice crazy in Dallas

RWJR13
02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
.... >:\....This weather is nut's...18 now... :frozen:. .School was out today and also tomorrow....Wife is off too....I went in late but no one at the shop......Hasn't been this cold here in a long time....I know some of you it is worse....City almost shut down... :crying02:

coinnut
02-01-2011, 07:45 PM
The weather is really crazy all over lately. Maybe global warming / no global warming? I don't know :confused: But what ever is happening, it is not normal. Ice is a lot worse than snow for accidents. Stay safe over there please :yes:

RWJR13
02-01-2011, 07:51 PM
...two days ago we canceled our club meeting for tonight just in case.....Was a good idea..

M-Taliesin
02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Howdy Pard!
I noticed Love Field is shut down today, and you got some real interesting winter conditions down your way. 18 ain't so bad. We had 18 below zero, and our high today was 2 degrees below zero. Of course, by Thursday, we'll be back up above freezing.

Stay warm, take a leisurely nap, drink warm beverages (cocoa being awesome, especially if you have a fireplace) and take it easy.

The whole nation is feeling the effects of climate change, I believe, and nobody's weather is normal no more.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

odave
02-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Stay safe and warm !! Spring is on it's way :peace:

Nitro 54
02-01-2011, 08:52 PM
:crazy: To think we got up to 60° and the sun was shining :embarrassed: :cheering: :cheering: Hang in there, spring is coming :poke: :poke:

Dimeman
02-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Woke up at 8am and it was in the upper 60's... now the outside thermometer says 24 :shocked01:...........going to be this way for a few days..........I really feel for you folks up north where you have this cold---with a few feet of snow :(

And to think--------- I was out Monday morning with a short sleeve shirt on detecting :rolleyes:

jkress
02-02-2011, 01:14 AM
I feel for ya.... Dallas isn't quite set up for that kind of weather.

Lived there for several seasons (Plano)... loved it!!

Maybe next year on the Cowboys? :confused:

greg
02-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Global iceing :frozen:

RWJR13
02-02-2011, 06:07 AM
I feel for ya.... Dallas isn't quite set up for that kind of weather.

Lived there for several seasons (Plano)... loved it!

Maybe next year on the Cowboys? :confused:
Yeah, this area is not set up for this.....It's bad all over the area right now and talking more maybe Monday........... :lipssealed:...Cowboy's ?? They'll have to buy tickets next year just like this year... :cheering:

wingmaster
02-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Yep lots of ice here in indy as well they never shut down the travel here I think hundreds could die and they still wouldn't, because they would lose all that tax money if people aren't working they can't take the tax money out of their pay. Well at least marion county is that way I can't remember last time they declared a travel emergency in marion county maybe the blizard of 78. The spring should be coming soon now I hope 1 more month till march and I can't wait to get out and detect again.

MartinL
02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Are you getting any rolling blackouts there in Mesquite RW? I've been up and down in electric many times here in McKinney this morning. The backup UPS failed on the DLP, so I am sure the bulb took a hard hit. Power Guy told me on the phone about the rolling blackouts and said my 15 minutes would be just one time. I've had bounces up and down at least 6 times since then. My PC don't like the power cycles either. I also had to do computer repairs with these bounces. martin

Carver
02-02-2011, 11:54 AM

Greg you may be right,,,,,mini ice age thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

MartinL
02-02-2011, 12:00 PM
My car won't even make it out of the drive, PERIOD! and the bare necessities are down to about 5 drinks :-(

I just knew I shoulda got me one of those dogs that runs away and brings back a little keg of liquor hung underneath their neck. martin

Dimeman
02-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Are you getting any rolling blackouts there in Mesquite RW? I've been up and down in electric many times here in McKinney this morning. The backup UPS failed on the DLP, so I am sure the bulb took a hard hit. Power Guy told me on the phone about the rolling blackouts and said my 15 minutes would be just one time. I've had bounces up and down at least 6 times since then. My PC don't like the power cycles either. I also had to do computer repairs with these bounces. martin

They said on the news this morning that we ----Houston ,would be getting rolling brown outs-------very low power for about 10-30 minutes in different sections. Haven't had it yet.................... :(
The outside Thermometer shows 18 degrees.....................BBBRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!! :frozen: :frozen: :frozen:

coinnut
02-02-2011, 01:34 PM

Or HAARP :shocked04: Google that word and see what you think. You will either be amused or terrified :shocked04: lol

russellt
02-03-2011, 08:43 PM
acording to dianne sawyer it was colder in el paso texas today than it was in anchorage alaska........ think about that folks .. 9 in anchorage and 7 in el - paso

jkress
02-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Or HAARP :shocked04: Google that word and see what you think. You will either be amused or terrified :shocked04: lol

:thinkingabout: Interesting. Sadly, I have to admit I have never heard of this. It definitely is worthy of further reading. Conspiracy theory aside, it is fascinating technology. :yes:

coinnut
02-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Conspiracy theory aside, it is fascinating technology. :yes:

Fascinating and scary at the same time :thinkingabout:

jkress
02-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Fascinating and scary at the same time :thinkingabout:

Absolutely. :yes:

RWJR13
02-04-2011, 12:53 PM
.....Now it's 7 of snow....... :ticked: :ticked:.....And of course I had an early 6:00 am no heat call at a Womens Fitness center.. :cheering:...It sure was cold on that roof, trying to move that 28' extension ladder around and keep from busting my butt at the same time..... :mad:......Got it fixed for them so they were happy....all they had to do the rest of the day was get their fancy SUV's cleaned and shine those pretty wheels that cost more than I make in a month... :sick:........

zrickkid
02-04-2011, 05:21 PM
We got 21' of snow Tuesday-Wednesday. The streets were cleaned pretty quickly but my driveway looks like it has two ski runs on it. :frozen: :frozen: :frozen: The kids love it though. :cheesysmile: