PDA

View Full Version : wireless headphones

Bubba707
02-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Headphone cords drive me crazy. Nobody around here sells anything wireless that's usable for detectors, it's all for phones or home entertainment systems with the tabletop transmitters, not even independent Bluetooth transmitters. Does anyone know of a dealer who sells something usable? Even Radio Shack is very limited, nothing at all usable.

exsquid
02-02-2011, 03:09 PM
I use the Radio Shack setup that was shared with me by Goat rancher. It works really well.

I have heard the RS ones like I have pictured have been discontinued but the replacement should work equally well.

You can get the part numbers from the picture and check it out online at the RS web site...

You don't want bluetooth as the delay will ruin the sound...the RF units should work...

RaZR
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I also use this setup on my DFX. The numbers on the packages are what you need for this set of phones. The headphones are still available on E-Bay. (price varies) But the adaptor and cord numbers should still be available at R.S.
These work great!! :loveit: And i'm still thanking Goat Rancher for posting the setup. Everytime i don't have to fight with the cord on the other headphones. :boxing:
If you can't find them on E-Bay, like exsquid said there is a newer set they sell that replaced these. Here's the picture of the new ones.
GL/HH

wingmaster
02-02-2011, 07:44 PM
I found some that TDK make while searching around that are the 2.4gHz variety they are $119 and change with free shipping though, the transmitter is very small you would need a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter for it as well. Has anyone tried these out, if so give some feedback for us.

exsquid
02-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I stopped by Radio Shack and took a look at the AUVIO headphones ($79.99) shown above in RaZRs post.
They look OK so I may give them a try when it is a little closer to warm weather just to see how they work... want to make sure I can test them out good before my return policy dies... :grin:

I like the small receiver that it uses. It is small like the old RS headphones I have now. You will have to buy 2 AAA batteries as they are not included. If you buy rechargables than you can use the included charger to charge both the headphones and the receiver as it has two charging ports just like the older RS headphones.

I also prefer the over the head style of headphones rather than the behind the head like the older style had. Just my personal preference.

HH

Bubba707
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM
The nearest RS doesn't have the Auvio, or anything else usable for that matter. This weekend I'll check out one in the next town over and see what they have.

coinnut
02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
The nearest RS doesn't have the Auvio, or anything else usable for that matter. This weekend I'll check out one in the next town over and see what they have.

See if you can find them on line so you don't have to drive all over the place looking for the headphones. I recently drove around looking for a cable at RS and finally I went to Best Buy where they had tons of them lol

wingmaster
02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I didn't see that model on-line but they did have it in the radio shack store they are $79.99 they also had the 1/4 male to 1/8 female 90degree angle plug and the short cord you would need.

wingmaster
02-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Anyone got the part number to the auvio headphones above they are not on the website but seen them in a store the other day I know somebody looking for them but didn't have one in the store they looked at. They are going to have to drive to the next town, they don't live in a town like mine I got probably got four radio shacks in 15 miles from me, with the closest being 2 miles down the road. Thanks for any info and HH

exsquid
02-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Sorry Wingman..I did not grab the part number while I was there...Figured they would be online...

Probably have to call the store and ask them...

Ill Digger
02-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Anyone got the part number to the auvio headphones above they are not on the website but seen them in a store the other day...
Sure ...the number on my receipt is 3300283. AUVIO portable 2.4GHZ wireless.
I recently bought this set up and have only had the chance (darn snow) to use them a handful of times so far.
But from the short time I have had them things are looking GOOD !! thumbsup01
Much more freedom.
You can even walk to you vehicular to grab fresh batteries or a sip of water and never have to take off your headphones !! thumbsup01

wingmaster
02-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the info I had just found a post on another site that said the part number and thats it 33-283. Now if we can figure a way to keep the detector swinging while we go to the vehicle for a drink or something we will have it made.

Ill Digger
02-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Now if we can figure a way to keep the detector swinging while we go to the vehicle for a drink or something we will have it made.
rofl lol rofl

psychposse
02-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I will be in the market for wireless phones...

Not sure what to think of this set here: http://www.airheadzwireless.com/products.htm

I do like the idea of being able to switch from wireless to wired in the event batteries die. But this set seems a bit cumbersome.

If anyone has any feedback, I would appreciate it - as well as the cost. I see the Midas Touch carries them.

Nitro 54
02-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Let us know how they work out for you ... thumbsup01

Bubba707
02-04-2011, 09:38 PM
I picked up a set of those Auvio 2.4 Ghz headphones. Got the transmitter charging now and will try them out tomorrow.

wingmaster
02-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Let us know how the auvio's work and how much does those airheadz cost I heard someone saying about $350.00 is that right?

Bubba707
02-04-2011, 11:25 PM
I air tested the Auvios on my DFX. The tone is a bit lower than the DFX without phones by just a tad, easy on the ears. The phones are light, easily adjustable and very comfortable. It's a complete setup, charger, transmitter and phones with a storage pouch. All you need to add are 2 AAA batteries and an adapter for 1/4 stereo jack. Well worth the $80 to get rid of headphone cords. <:

greg
02-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Headphone cords drive me crazy. Nobody around here sells anything wireless that's usable for detectors, it's all for phones or home entertainment systems with the tabletop transmitters, not even independent Bluetooth transmitters. Does anyone know of a dealer who sells something usable? Even Radio Shack is very limited, nothing at all usable.

I never used a wireless head phone untill I got the V3 What a diffference without the cord.

Gredge
02-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Before parting with any cash, check if there is a delay in transmission, as this could show up as your beeps not sounding when your coil is over a target, but slightly past it.
My brother-in-law constantly moans about the delay with his wireless phones he uses on his X-Box, and they were not cheap.

RaZR
02-07-2011, 04:37 PM
His are probably bluetooth. Those don't work well with detectors either!

wingmaster
02-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Picked up a set today from radio shack going to wait till spring to try them out though.

psychposse
02-10-2011, 10:27 PM
I picked up that exact pair of Auvio phones too, last weekend.

Trying them now with music - thumbsup01

Also picked up rechargeable batts <-- hope they work out.

midas
02-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Haven't had experience with wireless headphones except the White's V3i. I am used to a rectangle ear cup, so the round or oval earcups are uncomfortable to me. I use the Killer B Hornet wired.

zrickkid
02-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Im going to be in the market for some wireless headphones myself this season. Thanks for all the tips.

exsquid
02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
I picked up some of the Auvio's yesterday and took them out today for their maiden voyage today at lunch.
I was happy with them. Seemed to work quite well and hope to use them all weekend if the weather holds.

I bought a four pack of rechargeable AAA batteries so I have a spare set of batteries and the whole system is now rechargable with the included charger...

It is nice to be cordless.....no doubt about it....

Bubba707
02-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Nice to be able to put the detector down to dig without yanking the phones off your head for sure.

exsquid
02-21-2011, 04:04 PM
I used the Auvio's again on Saturday for a few hours and then a couple more hours on Sunday afternoon. I really do like them, being an over the head style of headphone... They work really well and seem to be a good balance between comfort, weight, and sound for the $$ spent.

exsquid
02-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Decided to cut loose my original RS headphones for a great deal....

See: http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=4528.0

Hunt4Fun
03-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Yesterday I put together a wireless headphone setup using the suggested Radio Shack Adapter Plug, Extension Cord and AUVIO kit. Have used the headphones for about 2 hours and they are working great on my MXT. A word of caution, these things can be very loud so start at the lowest volume setting and work up slowly. For those of us that have hearing loss, the added volume can be a blessing. However, these can leave you over blessed if you are not careful. :shocked04:

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting together and posting these directions.

May all your finds be great ones.
Bob