PDA

View Full Version : cellar hunt with coinnut

del
12-03-2009, 07:00 PM
well today started out rainy (so i didn't bring the camera) but turn out to be a great day weather wise ( especially for December) . George and i hit a new cellar that looked great but only produced a few buttons early on ( it was pounded hard even the E-trac boy :tongue: had a hard time finding stuff). i did get an indian head ( probably dropped by a hunter years ago 1903 ) its in pretty good shape . but my find of the day was a beautiful 1700's tombac button with a nice design .still had a good time and it was great to get out and hike around in the freash air .

Dan

MNDigger
12-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great day hunting even though it didn't produce a whole lot of coins! That button is really nice and so is the shape of that IH! Hope you guys still have some time to get out before it turns too cold! ;)

coinnut
12-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Wow... location is everything. Take a peak at my Indian, it's a slug. lol Not a lot of targets but I did squeek out a nice small 2pc ladies button and what I just thought was a suspender buckle. Didn't look it over much. Turns out to be a knee buckle. :rolleyes: Not much, but what a nice day out thumbsup01

MNDigger
12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Cool knee buckle George! Man George are you sure you didnt drag that IH behind the car on your way home! lol :twirlingeyes:

angellionel
12-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Not a bad day at all. The weather was just right too, so it had to feel great to be detecting out in the woods. :grin: That is a good looking IH.

del
12-03-2009, 07:20 PM
hey now thats a nice little knee buckle George , glad you got something decent . man that site looked very promising to. what did ya do to that indian dude, clean it with an emery board :huh: :rolleyes: ;) i have a feeling we're gonna get some coins this weekend . :beatdown:

That button is really nice and so is the shape of that IH! Hope you guys still have some time to get out before it turns too cold! ;)

thanks Steve , ya the wwods should be fine for atleast another month or so unless we get huge amounts of the forsaken white stuff.

Not a bad day at all. The weather was just right too, so it had to feel great to be detecting out in the woods. :grin: That is a good looking IH.

thank you Angel , it was nice out there but the ticks were out in force :mad:( go figure)

coinnut
12-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Man George are you sure you didnt drag that IH behind the car on your way home! lol :twirlingeyes:

That's Dan's fault...he never let's me find the good stuff lol

del
12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
That's Dan's fault...he never let's me find the good stuff lol

thats right the DFX is keepin the man down :kiss:

angellionel
12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
thank you Angel , it was nice out there but the ticks were out in force :mad:( go figure)

Ticks? :shocked04:stretcher: I hate those critters. Why can't they hibernate...like for a thousand years? :grin:

marchas45
12-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Glad you guys got out and enjoyed each others company with some nice finds and hopefully a few more days before winter sets in. thumbsup01

OkieDigger
12-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Great digs! That's an awesome IH.

randy
12-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Beautiful IH and nice relics. Sorry you didn't get any coppers.

woodwizard
12-04-2009, 08:45 AM
congrats to the both of ya all great finds

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
nice hunt guys! beautiful button and IH dan.george that's a sweet knee buckle.nothing today for me at this colonial home mikey had lined up.he got a 1906-O barber half though.pretty worn but nice pull in any event.
maybe tomorrow with sniffy i'll have better luck! thumbsup01

John M
12-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Nice looking button Dan.Sweet little Indian as well.

Evan
12-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Sweet digs you guys!!! Hey Coinnut, I pulled a 2 piece button almost the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago... You say it's a womans button:huh: Any more info on it:huh:

thanks, and awesome finds again!!!

HH,

-Evan

coinnut
12-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Sweet digs you guys!!! Hey Coinnut, I pulled a 2 piece button almost the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago... You say it's a womans button:huh: Any more info on it:huh:

thanks, and awesome finds again!!!

HH,

-Evan

Hey Evan, It's hard to be completely sure of a button's use, but most of the time we can figure the size and the style to indicate who it might of belonged to. We can also guess the age based on the site and other items found there, and the fact that buttons changed over time. Mine is actually post colonial, since it is a two piece button. I figure that style to be more women or little girl ish. But then again, times change and who knows what was a man's style back then. Ever get a load of them wigs?? lol lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Hey Evan, It's hard to be completely sure of a button's use, but most of the time we can figure the size and the style to indicate who it might of belonged to. We can also guess the age based on the site and other items found there, and the fact that buttons changed over time. Mine is actually post colonial, since it is a two piece button. I figure that style to be more women or little girl ish. But then again, times change and who knows what was a man's style back then. Ever get a load of them wigs?? lol lol

ha ha G ya ever think what they might think of mine & your wigs? :confused:

del
12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
ha ha G ya ever think what the might think of mine & your wigs ?? lol lol

i thought you guys had weaves . very very bad weaves lol lol

coinnut
12-08-2009, 04:22 PM
i thought you guys had weaves . very very bad weaves lol lol

Hey Dave, this is coming from a guy who's mommy won't let him grow his hair lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-08-2009, 06:20 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!!! WoW Dan that was a crack right to the knee caps :beatdown:

del
12-09-2009, 01:04 AM

:crying02: thats it i'm telling my mommy

LMAO!!!!!!!!! WoW Dan that was a crack right to the knee caps :beatdown:

Dave its o.k. this is what desperation will do to a guy who is getting beat ( in the copper race ) by a guy with an inferrior machine to his own and he knows his time is running out , he can't help but to lash out . i can forgive him :angelic:

besides it was pretty funny lol lol lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-09-2009, 05:03 AM
:crying02: thats it i'm telling my mommy

Dave its o.k. this is what desperation will do to a guy who is getting beat ( in the copper race ) by a guy with an inferrior machine to his own and he knows his time is running out , he can't help but to lash out . i can forgive him :angelic:

besides it was pretty funny lol lol lol

too freakin funny. I hope he don't lash out at me like that when my dinosaur picks up a few more this sat with sniffy and i jump into second place thumbsup01
lol j/k G ya know we love ya man :smitten: :kiss:

coinnut
12-09-2009, 11:42 AM
You two are pathetic lol lol Everyone knows I'm gonna win the zincoln race thumbsup01 :cheesysmile:

del
12-09-2009, 09:06 PM
You two are pathetic lol lol Everyone knows I'm gonna win the zincoln race thumbsup01 :cheesysmile:

the zincoln race , the oxknob race , and the ughly destroyed coin race :twirlingeyes:
these are all locked up for you and i don't have a chance catching up
that last one was a really close one with Dave as he has dug some ughly messed up coppers this past year. :tongue:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-10-2009, 07:33 AM
the zincoln race , the oxknob race , and the ughly destroyed coin race :twirlingeyes:
these are all locked up for you and i don't have a chance catching up
that last one was a really close one with Dave as he has dug some ughly messed up coppers this past year. :tongue:

lol i already claimed the IH crown :tongue: