PDA

View Full Version : Got in just under the wire

hoser
12-03-2009, 07:50 PM
The weather was so nice I played hooky from work yesterday. I just had to hit the woods once more before the snow started falling like it is today. I hunted an area in the woods that had a lot of trees and brush the guard had cut down and just let lay but decided it would be worth a chance. Didn't find a whole lot but got a lot of mixed signals between coin and trash. Sure do wish I had brought my 5.3 coil with me. :-\ I did come away with another silver. A 43 merc in good shape :). Today the snows are coming so I may have just got in under the wire. If this is the end of a season for me I have a ton of research to do for next year. Now I look forward to seeing what the rest of ya'll get where it is warmer. Good luck and HH.

coinnut
12-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Glad you slid another day in! A bunch of us are facing the inevitable. Snow will be here for me too, but not quite yet. In an odd way, I'm kinda looking forward to cleaning and sorting some of this years finds. Research is always a good thing! Nice that you rescued that Mercury. I bet there will be more there. Brush is always hard to get into with a big coil, but that little guy will work just fine ;)

xzlr8n
12-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Nice day to take off!! thumbsup01 Beats work anyday!!

marchas45
12-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Glad you got out Hoser and glad you found a nice Merc thumbsup01 now it's time to dream of the big thaw. lol lol lol lol

OkieDigger
12-03-2009, 10:52 PM
That's great Bill! The snow keeps missing us here, but one of these days we're going to get it.

Bentfork
12-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Nice going!

MNDigger
12-04-2009, 01:05 AM
WTG Bill! Looks like we are both in the same boat!

del
12-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Bill i hope its not the last merc of the season for you , hope theres some real mild days for you to add to the silver pile my friend . it won't be long for us in the northeast as well .
congrats on the merc .