PDA

View Full Version : Dalton, Ga. civil war relic show.

Dirt Fisher
02-04-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm here in Dalton, Ga. seeing the sites. There are earth works, a railroad tunnel dug during the civil war, and a Confederate graveyard with 421 unknown CSA soldiers and 4 union soldiers buried there. This area is full of history and Chattanoga is right over the hill. Will go to the convention center tomorrow to see the relic show and I can't wait. I will take lots of pictures and post later.

coinnut
02-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm here in Dalton, Ga. seeing the sites. There are earth works, a railroad tunnel dug during the civil war, and a Confederate graveyard with 421 unknown CSA soldiers and 4 union soldiers buried there. This area is full of history and Chattanoga is right over the hill. Will go to the convention center tomorrow to see the relic show and I can't wait. I will take lots of pictures and post later.

It must be quite a humbling sight to see that graveyard :-\ I wish we would spend our countries money on DNA testing, instead of waisting it in other areas, so them poor souls can be given a name, and present family and the rest of the country can honor their sacrifice.

pulltabsteve
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Cant wait for the pics Mike. Enjoy the show thumbsup01

jkress
02-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Sounds like a wonderful experience DF. I'm looking forward to the pix too.

I wish we would spend our countries money on DNA testing, instead of waisting it in other areas, so them poor souls can be given a name, and present family and the rest of the country can honor their sacrifice.

Yep... I second the notion. :yes:

giant056
02-05-2011, 02:43 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun thumbsup01

russellt
02-06-2011, 11:51 AM
lots of action in that area/ dalton / ringgold / sound like a traveling museum

Nitro 54
02-06-2011, 09:39 PM
I hope your having lots of fun Mike :daydream: :daydream: :daydream: