PDA

View Full Version : snow from yesterday is now ice chunks

RWJR13
02-05-2011, 07:03 AM
....that mess we got yesterday that started to melt is now just big chunks of ice in the roads now....12 degrees outside now so I think it will be here all day.... :frozen:............I sure hate being stuck in the house anymore.....

M-Taliesin
02-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Howdy Pard!
I was watching the news and they showed your highways were a real mess.
And Dallas/Ft. Worth is a wonderland of ramps, so those will be particularly
prone to icing. Once you have a stretch of roadway elevated like that, cold
air can get underneath of it, and any moisture will freeze and make the thing
twice as hazardous as any other chunk of highway. I noticed while down
there last month that they've got elevated roadway darn near everywhere!

While it may rankle you to stay home, warm and safe, you can always grab
a Garrett ProPointer and search for lost coins in the sofa. Or maybe do some
bench testing on that new AT-Pro and let us know how it performs with a
variety of targets.

Just tossing out ideas to help you through this. We northern folk have all
kinds of ideas to kill snowbound hours. It's a survival mechanism.

Then another suggestion is, since you gotta shovel off your sidewalks anyhow,
go wide and expose them grassy edges and hunt those best you can.

Hope some of that helps!
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Nitro 54
02-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I can still remeber them Texas storms all to well from the early 80's :frozen: :frozen:

MartinL
02-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Ya know, country livin' is nice until you find that the hill you HAVE to drive to get out, a brand new white cement composite road(used to be a black asphalt top, and I think it melted ice and snow far better)...locks you down. It doesn't help that you drive a Honda Civic. I haven't been able to leave the house since Monday. It was so bad, absolutely no mail came here, nor did any deliveries. I have yet to see one car pass in all these days, just a few trucks. Come on sunshine! TG I didn't have a medical emergency, and bought groceries. martin

Nitro 54
02-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Tire chains Martin :poke: :poke:

DaleGM
02-05-2011, 01:41 PM
not the kind of weather Texas needed for the Superbowl :frozen: it has kept alot of the bars and restaurants at bay this week except for the few diehards, but it could be worse!!!!!.............

MartinL
02-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Tire chains Martin :poke: :poke:

In Texas! The USPS mail delivery didn't make it to my house, nor did UPS or FEDEX, so I doubt many normal people in TX ever considers tire chains. I may look at them if I happen to run across some at a garage sale. martin

RWJR13
02-05-2011, 03:58 PM
....I have some but have never needed to use them.....not even yesterday, but it's good to have them... thumbsup01

MartinL
02-05-2011, 04:36 PM
I think I am free! Making a run in a few minutes, so if you don't hear from me the rest of the day, come and metal detect the ravines for a Honda Civic ;-)

Now I understand why my dear 'ol dad was always saying, I don't miss Minnesota after moving to Arkansas, SNOW! It was neat here in Texas this week for about one day. martin

Spiderwort
02-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Dale. Those are ugly palm trees. I always thought Florida was a prettier looking place.