PDA

View Full Version : Old home place C.S.A.

Civil War Nut
02-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Hidy to all. Went back to the home place Fri. Now that I have found out I had found the top part of his Confederate Reunion badge I will be spending a little time there. Here is all I found Fri.,, saw brad,, knob off old oil lamp, and look how they put U.S.of america on it,,brads,, shoe plates,, part of a small spur,, 2 more pnoenix buttons,, 2 train buttons havent ever seen one like the first one you can see the conductor in it with his arm on the side of the window the other I remember when I was a kid I might not should have said that,, another WW-1 button large one this time with writing on back,, And that is it for now,ready to go back but got a feeling it ant going to be easy. Hope yal enjoy and H.H.

Nitro 54
02-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Neat button finds CWN thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Too bad the spur isn't complete .. :thinkingabout: :omg: 8)

Evan/tn
02-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Nice finds on all the cool buttons 8)
Might be some old coins hanging around there :daydream:

giant056
02-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Great bunch of finds CWN thumbsup01 cool train buttons, that H. Disston & Sons thing is a saw medallion, I found one in late december 2010 it think and here's a link you can get a general idea of when yours was made.
http://www.disstonianinstitute.com/medallionpage.html

I know what you mean about trying to find the other part to the confederate medallion, I've also been searching for the other half of a G.A.R. souvenir medallion I found last summer at the trash pit.

Civil War Nut
02-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Nice finds on all the cool buttons 8)
Might be some old coins hanging around there :daydream:
Hidy Evan. Yep I done pulled out a 1895- Q & two V-N-1884 & 1912 They on here somewhere on the first few hunts there.

Civil War Nut
02-06-2011, 02:51 AM
Great bunch of finds CWN thumbsup01 cool train buttons, that H. Disston & Sons thing is a saw medallion, I found one in late december 2010 it think and here's a link you can get a general idea of when yours was made.

I know what you mean about trying to find the other part to the confederate medallion, I've also been searching for the other half of a G.A.R. souvenir medallion I found last summer at the trash pit.
Thinks 56. I have found a lot of these thinks.

greg
02-06-2011, 12:09 PM
As usual more cool stuff

coinnut
02-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Nice buttons. They made for a great hunt just by themselves :clapping: That place has lots to offer. It sounds like a good place to visit from time to time. Congrats!!

Civil War Nut
02-07-2011, 11:25 PM

I have found a bunch of them most are from are from late 1800s to early 1900s