PDA

View Full Version : 3rd hunt with the AT PRO

Dimeman
02-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Got out this morning to my old grade school where a few years ago a couple of other hunters said it was hunted out. A guy with a little yellow detector told me Don't bother.... I got it all !! :eyebrow: I asked him if I could dig up the trash he left. Within 3 weekend days I had about 7 dollars in clad and 7 silver coins from there. :yes:

Today I wanted to try the AT PRO to see what it could do. It did very well. In an area that I had gridded and searched with my 2 other detectors, I dug up some clad coins. All but 3 coins were dug at 6-7 inches deep and in close proximity of bottlecaps and other trash items. My other 2 detectors could have gotten them, if they could have seen them....but they didn't because of the trash items in their way. My other detectors have gotten coins as deep as 8-9 inches, but they did miss these coins in this area. :(
The AT PRO saw thru the trash and saw the coins. :grin:

I still am using the STD Mode and switch over to the PRO Mode on some signals to recheck. I didn't dig ANY bottlecaps today, and there are plenty in the schoolyard. The PRO Mode tells me they are bottlecaps !!!!!!!!My other detectors can't really tell me for sure. :hairpulling:

I actually got more clad than this as this was a break I took after 2 hours. I ended up with $4.92 in clad in a 3 hour 20 minute hunt.

Every time I use the AT Pro, I like it more and more......... <:

( And thanks for some new smileys !!! They are COOL !! happydance02 )

giant056
02-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Good clad haul Dimeman thumbsup01

DaleGM
02-07-2011, 12:10 AM
I see you have a new weapon now, let us know how well it works for all your hunting needs, good Hunt Robbie!!! :clapping:

M-Taliesin
02-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Howdy Robbie!
Surely do envy you having that AT-Pro. With any luck, I'll be having me one within a few weeks.
Meanwhile, I'm living vicariously through your testing of that great little machine.
Just out of curiosity, did you get a coil cover for it too?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

jkress
02-07-2011, 02:40 AM
Within 3 weekend days I had about 7 dollars in clad and 7 silver coins from there. :yes:

Nice... :peace:

As always... great finds Dimeman. :happydance01:

Salty Dog
02-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Glad the At pro is working out for you Robbie,seeing that clean pointer,reminded me how dirty my pro pointer got yesterday...I'm thinking you will keep dragging goodies out of there based on your last hunt...Keep them finds coming,Dave

cnr_dogs
02-07-2011, 08:31 AM
good hunt thanks for the info on the new machine might get one someday

JTGOLD
02-07-2011, 10:32 AM
thats a good days hunt,hope you have many more.

Dimeman
02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Howdy Robbie!
Surely do envy you having that AT-Pro. With any luck, I'll be having me one within a few weeks.
Meanwhile, I'm living vicariously through your testing of that great little machine.
Just out of curiosity, did you get a coil cover for it too?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Mel, I am betting you will be very happy when you get one.
No coil cover yet, but I am going to order one and get a new trowel digger. Mine has been touched up with a file too many times. They work better in totlots and schools---not as threatening looking as a Lesche. ;)

Dimeman
02-07-2011, 11:02 AM
I see you have a new weapon now, let us know how well it works for all your hunting needs, good Hunt Robbie!!! :clapping:

So far it has been used in spots I had searched with my other detectors and has gotten coins masked by trash items.

Evan/tn
02-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Nice finds Robbie sounds like that garret is a winner.

odave
02-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Cool Robbie !! Glad the AT Pro is working for You !!
Congrats on the finds and keep us posted thumbsup01

russellt
02-08-2011, 12:50 PM
thats a mean looking machine..... congrats on your success :happydance01:

pipster
02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
i always love it when someone tells me i got everything don't waste your time. and yet i always come up with something you never get everything thats some pretty good trash you cleared that he left for you