PDA

View Full Version : CSA. Home place Fri.

Civil War Nut
02-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Hidy to all. Went back to the old home place Fri. and hunted in the mud all day, last time I do that. Got to let it dry a little. Tryed to find the bottom part to the reunion pin, no luck so this is it , not much to show.. tow parts to old oil lamps,,bards,,part of watch,,five pennys-1920-23-14-42-24,,another horse reign guide,,old hinge,,four buttons in bad shape,, and looks like someone might have been in the WW-2 instead of WW-1 , this is a NOEN-20 MM. MK-2 shell with date 1943. Made at Metal Speciality Manufacturing Co. de Chicago, Ill. Made from 1942 to 1950. The gun was first made in 1918. They were on ships. Thinks for looking & H.H.

jkress
02-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Nice bunch of relics and coins CWN. :yes:

I have found a few of the oil lamp pieces myself... always a pleasant find. :)

Glad to see you got out there, same ol' story here... I'm am locked up in winter. :crying02:

I sure do envy all you folks still able to get out and hunt.

Congrats.

giant056
02-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Great hunt and finds CWN thumbsup01

RounderRick
02-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Neat finds there cwn I know what you mean about all the mud but keep your fingers crossed they say we got some decent weather coming our way.

coinnut
02-10-2011, 02:05 PM
We hunt in the mud up here sometimes and it ain't pretty lol Glad to see some relics from your hunt. For those of us who are still dreaming about getting out, it helps a lot thumbsup01 I bet some more great finds may come from there, since there are still wheats kicking around, and old ones too. There has got to be some more silver there :thinkingabout:

Civil War Nut
02-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Hidy Cnut. Yep its got to be more silver there would have thought I would have found more as much as I have walked that place. I found the reunion pin where I had walked over meany times, dont see how I mised it. and the bottom part is larger than it. So all I have to do is swing the coil over it and its going to get it, comes in like a coin, 70s Its in the part thry plowed is my luck, ant no fun hunting that part. But I not one to give up on something like that, I AM GOING TO FIND IT. I hope.