PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Field!

M-Taliesin
02-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Howdy Folks!
Visited the doctor yesterday and he says I can go back to work. So next week I'll expect to put in at least a few hours at the old job 20. The man also removed stitches I had installed in the emergency room after I sprung a leak the day of the surgery itself. It bled like crazy, too.

Considering I am okay to work, I figure I should be okay to hunt. With weather expected to improve this weekend, I am hoping to get out and really nail the gold and silver on Saturday and Sunday.

Tomorrow Pipster and me will be going to Brighton for a storage auction, and I'll be bringing my detector just in case I get the chance to hunt while up there. Ain't likely, but ya never know.

Anyhow, I am also almost over a bad case of bronchitis I got from surgery. I didn't have any lung problems before going into surgery, but woke up in the recovery room with all manner of congestion and coughing. It got pretty bad for awhile, but I've been getting antibiotics and it seems to be clearing. 2 weeks of really nasty chest congestion has also helped to keep me hanging around home instead of out hunting in the snow. Well, to be honest, I still did get out a time or two, but nothing real spectactular. One hour here, another there, but mostly I stayed home and tried to nurse myself back to normal. Okay, so most of you wouldn't associate me with normal, but at least I'll be back to functional health! LOL!

So, this weekend, I aim to tear it up! I've got a whole lot of making up to do. Why, we are into our second week of a short month, and I only have about $5.00 in clad to show for it. No gold, no silver, no old coins... just a little clad. I aim to really hit the ground hard this coming weekend!

Thanks for everybody who kept me in mind during this period of incapacity. I still can't kneel, and I will get stuck with physical therapy after all, but hey,... I can still hunt!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

whammy
02-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Good on you Mel. Glad to hear that your back up to perfect condition. Don't overdo it, but have fun and good luck with the silver and gold.

Dixie Rebel
02-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Now that's the old Mel we all know. Just take it easy on that knee buddy OK ?

exsquid
02-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Good luck to you Mel...

were supposed to finally get above freezing this weekend too. I hope to make it out myself...

M-Taliesin
02-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Now that's the old Mel we all know. Just take it easy on that knee buddy OK ?

Howdy Dixie!
I intend to ramp up kinda gradual like. Not jump in all at once, but starting out slow and building up strength, flexibility and endurance over a protacted period of time. Say a week or two! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
02-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Sounds like you are back on the road to recovery very well. We don't want to hear of another mishap so let your knee tell you when to slow down or stop.
thumbsup01

KYBuzzBox
02-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Mel,

Great to hear that you are healed and ready to hunt :clapping: . Just don't over do it and have a blowout on that knee. I hope you & Pipster have a good time at the auction. happydance02 happydance02 happydance02

HH....KYBuzzBox

coinnut
02-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Glad you are feeling better. Hope you guys get some gold at the auction lol Who knows, some of them storage units hide some nice stuff thumbsup01

russellt
02-10-2011, 03:42 PM
get after em MT :clapping: