PDA

View Full Version : Four Silver Dimes - Plus Coppers And Rings

angellionel
12-04-2009, 09:41 PM
It is amazing that we are having such good weather in the New England area. I'm not complaining though, since it has provided me with more opportunities to keep adding silver to my collection.

These are my finds from trips I made to the park yesterday and today. The two large cents are corroded, but I can just make out the outline on the one to the right - a draped bust. I found them yesterday while working a grid.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/December/CPH_largecents_120309.jpg

Yesterday I also found a 1875 seated dime and a 1948 Roosevelt dime. The seated is in excellent shape!

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/December/CPH_1875seateddime_120309.jpg

Today I picked up the two silver rings and two more silver dimes, a 1944 merc and a 1910 Barber. It appears someone attempted to cut up the Barber dime, or perhaps it just met up with a mower.

The dimes look great together. :cool:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/December/CPH_silverdimes_120409.jpg

I love the silver rings too.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/December/CPH_rings_120409.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!

HH!

randy
12-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Sweet digs once again Angel. Would be nice to see if that LC can come clean.

bmattioli
12-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I was wondering when you'd post. The last two days were excellent days to be out there. Awesome finds Angel, love those rings and what a sweet seated Dime.. Congrats..

del
12-04-2009, 10:19 PM
wow very nice coins Angel , draped bust largie its gotta be 1796 to 1807 i believe , sweet. thats a beauty of a seated and if that barber was hit by a mower it was a push kind that had no motor :lol: :lol: to old of a drop to get chew by a modern one . ya its suppose to be chilly tomarro but were gonna take full advantage of this weather too.

great digs again.

angellionel
12-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys!

wow very nice coins Angel , draped bust largie its gotta be 1796 to 1807 i believe , sweet. thats a beauty of a seated and if that barber was hit by a mower it was a push kind that had no motor :lol: :lol: to old of a drop to get chew by a modern one . ya its suppose to be chilly tomarro but were gonna take full advantage of this weather too.

great digs again.

That's what I had in mind, one of those old push and break your back manual mowers. :lol: It looks like someone just took a nip at it. Perhaps he was bored. :huh:

I was hoping to make out a date on the large cent, but it's far too gone. :(

Bentfork
12-04-2009, 10:52 PM
The seated is in great shape!

That's a fact! Congrats on that one.

xzlr8n
12-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Dime Quadrafecta!! :thumbsup01: New word maybe?? :confused: Congrats on a great looking Seated, I have yet to pull one of them out of the ground. Maybe I should of could it a Hexafecta with the large cents too..

randy
12-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Dime Quadrafecta!! :thumbsup01: New word maybe?? :confused:

In basketball, it would be like a quadruple double. Very rare and impressive. Next time, round it out with a bust dime for the nearly impossible quintuple double :twirlingeyes: (of course, I'd count that bust LC). (sorry, huge basketball fan, its just what came to mind :))

sectshun8
12-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Really nice Angel, and wow, that seated is pristine man :shocked04: Sweet hunt :thumbsup01:

TimC
12-05-2009, 07:52 AM
OMG Angle where ever your hunting you have hit a mother load of great stuff. :twirlingeyes:

MNDigger
12-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Congrats on the two hunt Grand Slam on dimes! :shocked04: That seated is in really nice shape and ya gotta love finding old copper to round out two days of great hunting! Hope the weather holds out for you guys back east! We have been in the teens here most of the week with some light snow. :crying02:

Epi-hunter
12-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Great finds... the seated is beautiful :)

coinnut
12-05-2009, 04:17 PM
One heck of a hunt. You found everything I didn't! :lol: All kinds of good finds there, but I must admit the Seated is my favorite. Lost brand spankin' new :drool:

marchas45
12-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Gorgeous finds Angel those silver rings and coins look fantastic. But aren't you out of your realm finding copper? :lol: :lol: :lol: Congrats on the LC. :thumbsup01:

angellionel
12-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Dime Quadrafecta!! :thumbsup01: New word maybe?? :confused: Congrats on a great looking Seated, I have yet to pull one of them out of the ground. Maybe I should of could it a Hexafecta with the large cents too..

It may be a new word, but I like it. :grin:

In basketball, it would be like a quadruple double. Very rare and impressive. Next time, round it out with a bust dime for the nearly impossible quintuple double :twirlingeyes: (of course, I'd count that bust LC). (sorry, huge basketball fan, its just what came to mind :))

Had I dug up a bust dime, someone would have had to rush me to the emergency room - to relieve the frozen smile on my face. :lol:

Congrats on the two hunt Grand Slam on dimes! :shocked04: That seated is in really nice shape and ya gotta love finding old copper to round out two days of great hunting! Hope the weather holds out for you guys back east! We have been in the teens here most of the week with some light snow. :crying02:

I was bummed out that I didn't get to detect today. :( The day has been somewhat lousy out here. But tomorrow should be much better. :thumbsup01:

One heck of a hunt. You found everything I didn't! :lol: All kinds of good finds there, but I must admit the Seated is my favorite. Lost brand spankin' new :drool:

I love it too. :drool: No wear at all. It sure had me smiling. :grin:

Gorgeous finds Angel those silver rings and coins look fantastic. But aren't you out of your realm finding copper? :lol: :lol: :lol: Congrats on the LC. :thumbsup01:

I'm just trying to keep up with del and coinnut. :lol: I feel like a turtle running against two hares. :lol:

CyberSage
12-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow Angel! That is a beautiful seated. Glad the weather is holding out for you. Keep digg'in that Silver. Always great to read your post and see the latest finds. Sometimes I feel that everything I say to you in reply is so redundant, but when you find this much silver you just can't sit around and say nothing. Put me on your list when that book is published. You are writing it? ;)

Jack

angellionel
12-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Wow Angel! That is a beautiful seated. Glad the weather is holding out for you. Keep digg'in that Silver. Always great to read your post and see the latest finds. Sometimes I feel that everything I say to you in reply is so redundant, but when you find this much silver you just can't sit around and say nothing. Put me on your list when that book is published. You are writing it? ;)

Jack

Thanks Jack. It's been a good year, and it has been fun too. ;)

I'm not sure about the book though. Unless, of course, a certain dear friend of mine decides to take out the proverbial bat. :beatdown: :lol:

hockeyguy
12-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Very nice 4 way dime slam...Is that what they call a Perfecta?

Aaron

CyberSage
12-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure about the book though. Unless, of course, a certain dear friend of mine decides to take out the proverbial bat. :beatdown: :lol:

Man! All this time I been wishing I could be in your shoes. Not so sure I would do that now with certain friends swing'in bats. ;)

Jack

Epi-hunter
12-05-2009, 08:57 PM

:beatdown: :beatdown:

He needs pressure. He just does. :lol:

xzlr8n
12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
A golf club seems to motivate others , Tigers specifically :mad:. Not sure about Angels though :confused:.

catskillcomics
12-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Angel, that seated dime is one nice looking coin.. great detail.. that park seems to be holding some nice coins for you.

OkieDigger
12-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Great digs Angel. I think I've seen someone dig one of those Nike rings before.

Lane
12-06-2009, 09:15 PM
WOW! That seated dime is great. Nice work as usual!

Stang1968
12-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Nice coins. That seated is immaculate. Too bad that draped bust is so far gone, but it's still a cool find.