PDA

View Full Version : whites dealers

v3ikid
02-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Been on the phone this morning trying to work up a deal for a new v3i. I guess i am just amazed at how little some dealers know about the machines they sell and the factory accessories that come with them. To start with I have the MXT and have nothing but good things to say about that machine and the company service. I just wish that the dealers in my area were also metal detector users as well as dealers. :mad:
No one could ever expect any dealer to know all there is to know about the v3i because we all know that will be a never ending, ongoing discussion but i would at LEAST hope the dealer would know what factory accessories came with the machine without asking me how i knew about it and telling me they had to call whites to find out if that was right and telling me they would have to get back with me next week.

Don't get me wrong, I love the whites and i know there are dealers that have a clue, i just can't seem to find one :bangahead01: and if i'm going to spend that kind of money i need to feel like the dealer has a clue. :confused:

pulltabsteve
02-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Have you tried Midas? The forum sponser. http://whiteselectronics.com/component/dealer/page/769.html

v3ikid
02-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Local dealer #1. I can come down a little. (any less and they might as well left it alone) I can't come down any more because of all the free stuff you get. (Which is FACTORY accessories) as though it was coming from them. \:hammer:

Local dealer #2 I ask about the factory accessories. He says, How did you hear about that. I say the internet, He says he'll have to check on that he didn't know if that was right or not. :confused: But he did come down a little more. I guess that would be a good deal for him to keep my free factory accessories and knock half that price off my detector. :boxing:

Local dealer #3 I'll have to get on my computer and check it out and call you back next week and give you a price. :bangahead01: :confused: 8/ :hairpulling: lol Yeah it's starting to get funny now.

Now I call one of the BIG internet stores. Now how was i to know this was the saturday morning that was going to be a real pain for her to pull up the info on the computer. I know what you're thinking. Believe me i coud tell by the sigh and the lack of interest in helping me. :blackeye: Sorry Just had to vent. I still have my money so all is not lost. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
02-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Like Steve said, call John (midas). Banner at the top of the page. He is a great guy and knows what he is talking about.

v3ikid
02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
No but i will check him out. thanks. I started with local dealers so that i could compare prices and maybe have the chance of picking my new detector up rather then waiting for it in the mail.

RWJR13
02-12-2011, 03:45 PM
......John will fix you up.....Good guy.....Yes, we have talked............

greg
02-12-2011, 05:44 PM
My local Whites dealer has just about nothing in stock and knows little about the product and metal detecting. :(

Dixie Rebel
02-12-2011, 09:02 PM
You cannot beats whites service and they make a good unit. I bought my mxt new and have no plans to get rid of it.

russellt
02-13-2011, 03:57 PM
some folks like the mxt more than the V...... jus sayin

coinnut
02-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I would try Midas. He is an excellent detectorist that has been using White's since dirt was invented lol Oops sorry John :cheesysmile: Didn't mean to make you out to be 100+ years old ;) But John will certainly be able to give you some insite on that machine and maybe a good deal too. Good luck and I hope you can get one soon.

v3ikid
02-13-2011, 08:25 PM
I had already worked out a deal with a local dealer before i could contact him. I appreciate the recomendation though. I will surely give him the chance when i order my wireless headphones though. :yes: I really do want to find one person i can deal with that has a clue, sounds like he's the guy.

giant056
02-15-2011, 07:05 AM
I am very fortunate to have a supplier who's been in the business since the late 60's for dealing metal detectors, back then he started out in his dad's RV business doing it off in his own little space. Now he's got a fantastic shop and pretty much knows the basics of everything he sells. He always complains about not having enough time to metal detect or dig for bottles anymore cause he's so busy.

Evan/tn
02-15-2011, 08:35 AM
If your local dealer is clueless about the products he sells,he won't be much help with any after the sale help,
Thank goodness for the forum :yes:

v3ikid
02-15-2011, 02:54 PM
If it wasn't for this forum I probably would have jjust settled for a few new coils for the MXT. The help here is just amazing. Than ks to everyone in advance for all the help I'm going to need.