PDA

View Full Version : The new V3i is here

v3ikid
02-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I went to pick up My new V today. Ended up finding a local dealer willing to deal. :peace:
I got it registered and have been looking through it pretty good. Very interesting machine, I hope it doesn't frustrate me too bad. Already had to restore programs back to factory default, I guess the only way to learn is to just do it.
I can tell some of the volume settings will have to be adjusted or i'll spend my finds in Excedrine Migraine. :shocked01: If it holds up as well as the MXT it should provide some years of learning. Can't wait to see how it does in the field and learn all i can about it.

odave
02-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Congratulations on Your New V3 thumbsup01 thumbsup01
It's a fine Detector !!

LEROY
02-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Congrats! I just got mine and i love it.

LEROY

Gredge
02-13-2011, 07:55 AM
I love mine, loads to learn.
Sneak over to White's own forum and download the advanced user guide, well worth a read. More chapters to be added, but more info than the user guide that came with.
Just wished the rain would stop so I can get out and use mine.

Gredge

CyberSage
02-13-2011, 10:19 AM
I guess the only way to learn is to just do it.

Embrace this concept and you will do just fine. Congratulations on the new V. We have a great forum of knowledgeable folks here that will be a great resource for you. Have fun and good luck. :yes:

wingmaster
02-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Congrats on your new detector.

giant056
02-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Congratulations on your new V3i thumbsup01 I really like mine, I used the stock programs to begin with for a while just to get use to what it was telling me, then I was recommended a program for my area by Goatrancher and it does super good in my area.

russellt
02-13-2011, 03:59 PM
you sir need the Book of jack thumbsup01

v3ikid
02-13-2011, 07:51 PM
How do i get a copy of the book of Jack? Sounds like a must have. :yes:

pulltabsteve
02-13-2011, 07:53 PM
How do i get a copy of the book of Jack? Sounds like a must have. :yes:

The quickest way is to PM Lowjiber thumbsup01
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=12

CyberSage
02-13-2011, 07:55 PM
It's realy The book of John lol PM Lowjiber and he will send you a copy. He has done a wonderful job at putting this information together for all of us. Thank you Lowjiber!

v3ikid
02-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Took the V out for a test run today. Snow is starting to melt and had a little muddy ground to work. Seems like the VDI is bouncing all over the place. Changed programs to see how they ran. Some run smoother so i will have to lokk at the settings to see what the difference is between them and the chattery ones. I dug a few holes that pinpointed 4 1/2, dug down about 8 and nothing. Anylize mode didn't indicate a coin so maybe it was bigger deeper trash.
I will deffinatly have to put in some time to get comfortable with it but that's what it's all about.
I did figure out how to save a program and i set allafternoon and half the night last night just going through everything to find out where it was. Still don't know what it all means or what it's all for but when the time comes i want to know where it's at.

v3ikid
02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Thank you , I will do.

Evan/tn
02-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Good luck with your new machine
Don't be afraid to turn down the RX gain to quite it down if it needs it...It will still see deep :yes: