PDA

View Full Version : Tip # 3

Big Boys Hobbies
02-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Don't ever carry you wallet with you while you hunt. If its sticking out of the top of you pants pocket the said bum in tips 1 & 2 will see it and ask for $. He knows you have $ because he points to your wallet in your back pocket. ha ha ha ha

M-Taliesin
02-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Howdy Yet Again!
I show them my wallet, and clearly demonstrate I ain't got no money in it.
Plenty of plastic, and they ain't geared up for accepting Master Card or Visa!

Actually, I have run into bums at one certain park not far from here.
Two of them, in fact.
They asked why I was doing this whole detecting thing.
I explained that I ain't got any more money than they do!
Why else would I be looking for loose change.
That shut them up!

Of course, I didn't tell them about the 14k gold ring I had in my pocket either.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

giant056
02-13-2011, 12:33 PM
I see homeless people many times in the winter out in the woods with their little hootches hidden very well from the law on public preserves, there's was one guy who stayed through 3 winters and 2 of them very brutal, I expected to see him there this winter also but he flew the coup. He never tried to bum off me but I would always offer him some cigs when I seen him.

coinnut
02-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I always feel bad for people that are homeless. Not that I trust them or am not on my guard, but I always wonder if any of us could be one bad episode from homeless. Something to think about. Besides, there are a lot of Vietnam vets that are homeless and the do not deserve to be. Very sad indeed.

pulltabsteve
02-13-2011, 07:01 PM
I always feel bad for people that are homeless. Not that I trust them or am not on my guard, but I always wonder if any of us could be one bad episode from homeless. Something to think about. Besides, there are a lot of Vietnam vets that are homeless and the do not deserve to be. Very sad indeed.

Well said George, very well said. thumbsup01

greg
02-13-2011, 07:06 PM

It could happen to any of us at any time. Being homeless don't make you a bad person.

russellt
02-15-2011, 08:29 PM
in todays economic times, none of us are far from being homeless

Trigem
02-23-2011, 09:29 PM
What hurts me is to families with children homeless :confused:

zrickkid
02-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Homeless families are especially tough to see. My heart goes out to them and most of you are right, it only takes one bad episode to lose it all. I am thankful to God for all my family holds dear to our hearts and hope to always be in his graces. :angelic:

Targetseeker
09-24-2012, 03:18 PM
I have been followed by a few homeless in the past asking for loose change etc. I will not give them any $ but I am more than willing to get them a &quot:beerbuddy:reakfast special or a sandwich and coffee from the deli. But for the grace of GOD - I have worked hard and my life has been good.

POKIE73
09-25-2012, 06:10 AM
maybe its just me but i dont belive anybody in this country should be hungry or homless we need to take care of our own before we send billions in aid to other countries i think they should all have a warm bed and clothes on their backs and a full stomache dennis

lee
09-25-2012, 08:03 AM
i used to fish down at keeny cove in glastonbury ct and got talking to the 'less fortunate folks' who lived down there , i used to bring them a box of coffee and 12 doughnuts every time i went there to fish. worked out very nicely in my favor , every time i hooked a fish i would call over one of them and they would wade out in the water to land my fish for me... thumbsup01 so it worked out well.

ptiworld
10-02-2012, 12:12 PM
maybe its just me but i dont belive anybody in this country should be hungry or homless we need to take care of our own before we send billions in aid to other countries i think they should all have a warm bed and clothes on their backs and a full stomache dennis

I TOTALLY agree with you here! Granted maybe some people are bums because they choose to be but many are bums because their lives turned sour and they had no choice!

I say bring the wallet... just make sure you don't have cash :rolleyes: