PDA

View Full Version : nice doggie !

neil diggit
02-16-2011, 11:23 AM
So there I was hunting a school yesterday (found some neat stuff, I'll have to post pics later) and I was knelt down digging a find, headphones on, when all of a sudden I look up to see a Doberman two feet from my nose starring at me. :shocked04: I thought &quot:daydream:h crap now what do I do? Is he going to freak out if I stand up? :shocked04:stretcher: We're both just frozen there, looking at each other. ?? So I said, hi buddy and he licked me on the nose.
His owner (about 13 year old kid) was over playing basketball and the poor doggie just wanted to play so I pet him and started throwing sticks for him. He loved it and it cracked me up...... :happydance01:

dave in iowa
02-16-2011, 12:07 PM
very cool . i was digging a plug at my brother inlaws , head phones on and i felt something beside me , then the dog started diggin in my hole , got the coin , he;s a good dog , lots of times if im out in yards i carry some hot dogs in my pouch , its helped a few times.

RobW
02-16-2011, 12:09 PM
I had a similar experience with a pit bull once. Though we didn't play fetch.

Kinda scares the hell out of ya...sitting there digging, with your earphones on, glace up and see a big mean looking dog face in yours :shocked04:

RobW
02-16-2011, 12:11 PM
very cool . i was digging a plug at my brother inlaws , head phones on and i felt something beside me , then the dog started diggin in my hole , got the coin , he;s a good dog , lots of times if im out in yards i carry some hot dogs in my pouch , its helped a few times.

Hot dogs in your pouch!? No wonder the dogs come over to you!

Then again, when out detecting foe awhile you have something to snack on :yes:

Cheap Thrills
02-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Kneeling on the ground suggests to a dog that you want to play and are coming down to their level and the fact you're digging in the dirt thrills them even more . lol If you take the time to play fetch with them
you've made a real friend and they will always be keeping an eye out for you .Give them hot dogs and they
may even come to your house and ring your doorbell . rofl

coinnut
02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
What a nice looking dog :yes: I had a German Shepard find me in the woods the very first time I used headphones. I looked up and he was charging at me. No time to think, so I put out my hand and he made me pet him lol But nothing takes away from the look on our faces when we first meet them rofl Priceless. So far no bad dog detecting days. Glad he was a friendly dog, since he looks like a formidable opponent :boxing:

neil diggit
02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Kneeling on the ground suggests to a dog that you want to play and are coming down to their level and the fact you're digging in the dirt thrills them even more . lol If you take the time to play fetch with them
you've made a real friend and they will always be keeping an eye out for you .Give them hot dogs and they
may even come to your house and ring your doorbell . rofl

From the looks of you avatar, you know what you are talking about. 8)

Evan/tn
02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Glad he was a friendly pooch <:
Always nice to make a new friend :yes:

Salty Dog
02-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Yep! Neil,I've been there and done that...A lot of the parks i tect are used pretty heavy by dog walkers,the biggest problems i find are landmines left everywhere rofl,cool looking Dobbie

russellt
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM
i would have looked him dead in the eye and said some really ugly things about his momma.. then i would talk baby talk to him so he didnt rip my leg off thumbsup01..

DaleGM
02-16-2011, 03:53 PM
ahhh you didn't give the dog a little lick back too :tongue: :tongue: that would have gave my ticker a little jolt also :shocked04:

zrickkid
02-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Thats a lovely looking dog! :)

neil diggit
02-16-2011, 08:17 PM
I should have mentioned, that's not the actual dog. It's just a picture I found on the web that I threw in for effect.

coinnut
02-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I should have mentioned, that's not the actuall dog. It's just a picture I found on the web that I threw in for effect.

Too bad I want that dog lol What a healthy looking mutt ;)

whammy
02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
How sweet it is. I used to raise and show dobes. They are sweet dogs. When I go tectin, I always carry a few dog treats just in case. works almost every time. thumbsup01

jkress
02-17-2011, 12:37 AM
when all of a sudden I look up to see a Doberman two feet from my nose starring at me. :shocked04: I thought &quot:daydream:h crap now what do I do? Is he going to freak out if I stand up?

:girlcry: Man I would have screamed like a school girl. lol Happy to hear it all worked out.

Just today, on my first hunt of the year, I had a slightly similar experience. I'm finally back to hunting and enjoying the tones once again, all absorbed in the thrill of the hunt when suddenly I feel a nudge, nudge on my free hand. Sure enough an off leash dog has snuck up from behind me. Got my heart pumping for sure. :stretcher: Not a massive dog like you have pictured but a friendly looking Lab.

Coinstar
02-17-2011, 12:42 AM
I think I prefer dogs. I dug a hole the other day next to a red ant hole. They weren't as friendly :hairpulling:

Carver
02-17-2011, 06:45 AM
That would make the hair stand on end for sure :omg:

odave
02-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Glad it was a good Dog

Dimeman
02-20-2011, 04:55 PM
About a year ago I was digging on a target and saw 2 big dogs( looked like boxers) running towards me. I put down my equipment and just knelt there on one knee and slowly put my hands to my side. The dogs stopped and looked at me and I softly talked to them asking them how they were and what was their names. They cocked their heads back and forth looking at me, and then just trotted off in another direction.
There saw I wasn't a threat to them so they left me alone.

BOWSER
02-20-2011, 06:21 PM
i thought i was the only one, i was kneeling and diggin and a great dane,tackled me, i damn near died that day.I had just had a pcemaker installed ttwo days before.