PDA

View Full Version : New E-trac

Dixie Rebel
02-16-2011, 04:23 PM
I received my new e-trac monday. I put it together and did not bother reading the manual I don't need no stinking manual. I played with it outside for a few minutes I like it. It's really not that heavy at all. It feels lighter than my mxt well balanced and feels good in my hands. I am going to have a blast with this baby I can already feel it. If time permits I will throw up a few pictures as of now working 12 hours a day seven days a week has me limited on time later all. thumbsup01.

M-Taliesin
02-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Howdy Dixie!
I surely will be looking forward to your reports on that new machine.
I have an interest in it myself, but Minelab dealers out this way are few and real far between!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

randy
02-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Good luck with that new E-Trac. You will love it thumbsup01 Silver just flies out of the ground.

coinnut
02-16-2011, 05:05 PM
I can't wait to see what you get. Read up on some of the old posts on it. I'm sure you will have questions when you actually get out with it. It does need some getting used to lol Congrats, it is a very good machine.

Dixie Rebel
02-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks everyone. I know I will run into questions for sure and I will ask for help. I can tell you it is leaps and bounds from my mxt. Not cutting the mxt short it's a great detector. Now I need to ask my boss for a few days off.

greg
02-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Can't wait to see how you get along with it

zrickkid
02-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Im sure you will find the time to break that bad boy in. <:

Dixie Rebel
02-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Here are a few pics of my etrac. I have the zagg protector on it and the dust cover and also a arm cuff from Jeffrey Herke. I feel like a proud father lol now I need to name it.

coinnut
02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Here are a few pics of my etrac. I have the zagg protector on it and the dust cover and also a arm cuff from Jeffrey Herke. I feel like a proud father lol now I need to name it.

Very nice :drool: The Herke arm cuff is excellent. Better than that cheap, hard to adjust, always unbuckling, cheezy arm cuff that comes standard with it rofl The zagg protector is good too, just keep the deet bug spray away from it...it eats the plastic. I could never use the plastic rain and dust cover, it always glared too much. That is one fine looking set up. You will have to think hard about a name. If it finds treasure right off the bat...you might just call her Lucky Lucy lol

Dixie Rebel
02-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Lucky Lucy :thinkingabout: Tell you what coinnut If I find some silver from the get go I will name it that thumbsup01

russellt
02-18-2011, 09:25 PM
that looks alot smaller than the whites V3i... good luck with your new machine .. i am interested in the E-trac myself. ill call you in a month and see what you can let me know about it ........

Dixie Rebel
02-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Hopefully I will be able to let you know russellt. The way I am working dont look like I will be able to hunt for awhile bummer. I down loaded some settings from angellionel for coins. My settings are the same as his but my pattern does not look like his. I double checked it maybe coinnut or angellionel can have a look at it. First picture is my machine 2nd picture is angellionel machine and settings.

coinnut
02-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Hey DR, the patterns you have to make yourself or go with what they have. It sounds hard but it's kinda easy after a while. The most important thing about making a pattern is you MUST load it into the smartfind window (that is the screen you normally look at and detect in) before you can save the pattern in your library. If you don't load it first and you save it...it does not save :crying02: :crying02:

1147SILVER
02-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Once you get angel screen pattern in there set up a test garden and get some junk silver coins from a coin shop or ones that you have. I would also put some pull tabs nails so you here those sounds also and go very slow when you think you are going slow slow down more let the full band spectrum technolgy work for you. I have hunted with coinut and angel they dont look at the screen they just listen for the tone and when the tone is right they then look at the depth then they look at the fe-co numbers. Just like like anything experience is everything they are so good with this machine.This machine really tests your patience. Here is what works for me I look at the screen a lot more then they do. And I walk around scanning the target from all directions they know a lot sooner than me that it iron and thats a good target. I will some day get there and be able to get there to as well as as you. There is a good book out there by Andy Sabisch this is the best one till angel writes his.

Well I hope it helps Steve

Dixie Rebel
02-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks steve I will go on and order andys book. I should have ordered it when I bought my machine. I have andys coin program on it now just have not had a chance to use it.