PDA

View Full Version : Got Some February Silver!

M-Taliesin
02-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Howdy Folks!
I got out for a shortie hunt last evening. Despite the temperature being around 46 degrees, the wind made things bone-chilling cold. So I didn't last long.

However, I did manage to get a silver ring stamped 925. I also recovered an earring shaped like a heart and it surely does look silver. It also has the proper weight to be silver. Since it ain't stamped, I ain't calling it, but Pipster and me are about 99% certain this thing is silver.

Also in the photos, you'll see what happens when you hit a frozen ring with a rock hammer while trying to bust through ice to fetch it out. Fortunately, this is a real cheapie ring, so no loss on that score. But it sounded like a dime, and gave a VDI around 79/80. Then I tried to get it out, but it was in hard packed, frozen wood chips. Somewhere along the line, I must have scored a direct hit on the ring with my hammer and busted it up pretty good. You'd think I'd know better after 3 winters, but sometimes your hammer just doesn't land where you intended.

My take was:
10 Quarters = $2.50
12 Nickels = $0.60
24 Dimes = $2.40
36 Pennies = $0.36
1 Prez Dollar Coin = $1.00
Total = $6.86
Coin Count = 83 Coins.

That was all from one location with 5 individual tot lots.
And I had one of them kids who asked; Can I try that machine?
To which I answered; Let me think about that one. No! Not even!
Another asked Can we help you find stuff?
At which point I held up my rock hammer I have all the help I need right here!

They finally got bored and moved off. Can't deny I was glad to see their south
ends as they moved off north!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

jkress
02-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Great totals for a short hunt... heck, those would be fantastic totals for some of my longer tot lot hunts. :clapping:

I didn't invest very much time last year tot lotting (did I just coin a phrase lol ) but this year I plan on giving them more time.

That's a nice looking 925!!

Congrats M-T

DaleGM
02-18-2011, 01:11 PM
ice, cold and wind ......die hard through and though Mel, :frozen: nice hit on the silver a clad thumbsup01

Dimeman
02-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Very nice silver and clad total. :clapping: :clapping:

Looks like the knee is getting a good workout. :)

exsquid
02-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Well Done Mel...

I agree, I think you have a couple nice silvers there.

That is a nice pile of clad for your one stop....lol

Good luck this weekend...I know you be hitting it if the weather allows it...

Salty Dog
02-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Nice outing Mel,Heck 46 degs. is a heat wave here in Ohio,I will be tot loting most of the weekend,the little crumb snatchers had two good days to lose goodies in the lots here this week,Congrats on the silvers,you sure did a number on that one :hammer: :grin:

M-Taliesin
02-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Howdy Folks!
I am hoping to hit some locations in Brighton today, as I will be going to work for the first time in quite awhile.
There are a whole bunch of them I haven't visited in months now. Then again, I ain't been to work much in months now. Looking forward to doing some honest labor, and maybe a few goodies before I show up at the work 20.

Temperture is above 50 now, and should be swell by the time I head on up to Brighton!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Evan/tn
02-18-2011, 03:23 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long be for you got some silver or gold
Nice hunt Mel,warmer days are coming!

Kimster
02-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Great finds as always, Mel. How have you been? Haven't seen you post for a while, but glad to see you back. Have you healed from your surgery? It's a dirty job, but somebody has got to clean up all of that gold and silver in the Denver area, and you're still doing a pretty good job. Keep up the good work! :peace:

coinnut
02-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Nice haul Mel :happydance01: Silver is always welcomed. Where there is silver, there is gold lol Hope you do good on the next tot lot.

russellt
02-18-2011, 08:27 PM
incredible hunt if you ask me .remember MT,, silver is a gateway metal :rolleyes:

jkress
02-19-2011, 12:13 AM
silver is a gateway metal :rolleyes:

rofl rofl rofl. ....nice.

SeabeeRon
02-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Very good hunt in my book!!! :clapping: :clapping:

odave
02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Wow !! Lots of finds for a short hunt !! Congrats Mel :clapping: :clapping:

M-Taliesin
02-20-2011, 12:55 PM
How have you been? Haven't seen you post for a while, but glad to see you back. Have you healed from your surgery?

Howdy Amigo!
Well, I have this horrific looking bruise from the instep of my foot to about a foot above the knee,
mostly up the backside of my leg. Aside from that, and a bit of pain, I'm just peachy! Glad to be out hunting too.

As for not posting, I'm bewildered because I been posting regularly. Just ain't been hunting as much as normal.
I don't tend to post if all I found was clad. If I ain't got something worth bragging on, I don't much trouble folks.

Thanks for asking, and I sure appreciate your thinking of me.
Give me another month, and I'll be out hunting places other than tot lots.
Expect I'll be able to knee to dig targets by then!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin