PDA

View Full Version : Far far from home...

exsquid
02-18-2011, 02:53 PM
happydance02 happydance02

I was finally able to get out to my lunch time hunting spot today after our long and tiresome winter....

It was sunny and in the low 50's and even though the ground was wet it was not too muddy or sloppy and made for (easy) great digging....

I was using a new pair of the wireless Radio Shack Auvio headphones (mentioned in another thread) and had a new D2 coil on my MXT Pro so was testing out a couple new items just to start getting used to the new sounds and capabilities.

The headphones seemed to work quite well. Good sound, certainly no detectable delay, so I was pleased with the new style head phones. The coil seemed to perform quite well even though I have pounded the area I hunted quite well in the past. No silver was found but I did manage to find a couple deep and interesting finds that I have somehow missed in the past.

I found a few clad coins and a key. Most of the Pennies were from the late 60's and mid 70's.

I also found a token for Digger's...(how approriate a digger found it... rofl) Anybody seen one of these before...new one for me...

I also found a 70' penny far, far, from home...

It is a Trinidad and Tobago Penny...How it made it to Indiana would most likely be an interesting story, especially for that time frame... :yes:

Both the token and the T & T Penny were down around 9 inches or so...

The last picture is the back of the T & T Penny. It is from the web since mine was not showing well in the picture I had taken....

I sure hope this weather holds till spring... :smitten:

It was sure great to be out again.... Hope to get out tomorrow after lunch.... I am tied up all morning in Hunter Ed classes for our county which I help with this time of year...

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and finds some great finds!!

exsquid

Salty Dog
02-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Congrats on getting out Exsquid,the weather here in central Ohio was great the last two days...I worked both of them :bangshead02: ,I tried to google Diggers came up with a couple of pub/grill places...But none listed in Indy,Pretty cool token,Keep them coming,Dave

Evan/tn
02-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Yep that's a cool token,don't ya just love when the ground is not to wet and not to dry,makes for some easy 9 inch digs!

exsquid
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Yep that's a cool token,don't ya just love when the ground is not to wet and not to dry,makes for some easy 9 inch digs!

That lesche just slipped right in to the top....like cutting through warm butter lol

Kimster
02-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Very cool token and penny! Great finds for the first warm day. :peace:

Carver
02-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Glad to see you get out!!! Nice finds after a long winter :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

russellt
02-18-2011, 08:30 PM
still some really nice finds

coinnut
02-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Boy your coins are deep for being from the 70's :shocked04: Makes you wonder what is down around 2 feet lol Nice score on the token and the T&T penny. Nice to hear the ground is easy to dig in :yes:

jkress
02-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Congrats on getting out again exsquid. :clapping: Sure feels good to swing the coil over the ground again.

You made a couple of nice finds. Not sure about the token but it is interesting. Love the Trinidad penny. thumbsup01

giant056
02-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Great hunt and good assortment of cool finds thumbsup01 I like finding them foreign coins myself.

SeabeeRon
02-19-2011, 01:30 PM
&quot:grin:iggers, what an appropriate token to find!!! 8)

Cheap Thrills
02-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice finds Squid ,glad you could get out and hunt .

zrickkid
02-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Interesting stuff! Cool token. :angelic:

odave
02-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Good finds !! Cool Token thumbsup01

DaleGM
02-20-2011, 10:41 PM
love the old digger toke,I google it but could not find anything :confused: