PDA

View Full Version : 104 coins in 2 1/2 hours

Dimeman
02-19-2011, 02:22 PM
I was scoopin' up those woodchips ........swinging and digging looking for clad in a schoolyard totlot area this morning. Since I was not looking for deep older coins I took my IDX and 6 inch coil.
I had not been to this school park, in a few months, so I had hoped it was ready for cleaning out. :)
The last 30 or 45 minutes of my hunt this morning, I was searching in the grass areas---just digging the dime and quarter signals because I was tired of digging the pennies and nickels..........I know I left quite a few.......

Got a March Of Dimes medal, and eyeballed a pingpong ball. thumbsup01

Haven't had a century coin find day in a very long time..............over 12 dollars in clad..... :omg: :omg:

SeabeeRon
02-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Holy Crud!! :omg: That's alot of scooping!! :twirlingeyes:

greg
02-19-2011, 02:30 PM
That's a good tot lot hunt. You can tell right away they came from a tot lot unlike some I have seen posted else where

Evan/tn
02-19-2011, 02:32 PM
That's the way to scoop the quarters thumbsup01
What no pic o the ping pong ball :dontknow:

Dimeman
02-19-2011, 02:58 PM
That's a good tot lot hunt. You can tell right away they came from a tot lot unlike some I have seen posted else where

That could depend on how long, since they were dropped. :)

From my experience in hunting the totlots for many years, It takes anywhere from 2-4 days for a clad coin to start to discolor in the woodchips or gravel stones. So a dropped coin could be under some chips, or even just under the grass on top of the dirt, for a couple of days and still look shiney.

So just because a coin looks shiney, doesn't mean it wasn't dug from woodchips.... it just means it was a fresh drop...

I hope this clears up some thoughts on the subject, for everyone. 8) 8)

Salty Dog
02-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Cha-Ching Robbie,looks like that tot lot really paid off ,Congrats on a century +day!

Cheap Thrills
02-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Nice haul !!! <:

greg
02-19-2011, 04:34 PM
That could depend on how long, since they were dropped. :)

From my experience in hunting the totlots for many years, It takes anywhere from 2-4 days for a clad coin to start to discolor in the woodchips or gravel stones. So a dropped coin could be under some chips, or even just under the grass on top of the dirt, for a couple of days and still look shiney.

So just because a coin looks shiney, doesn't mean it wasn't dug from woodchips.... it just means it was a fresh drop...

I hope this clears up some thoughts on the subject, for everyone. 8) 8)

Fresh drops will look new for sure, not very debatable. But I have seen people post tot lot coins all looking like fresh drops from every tot lot hunt they do. Some of the posts have as many coins as you do in this post, but all fresh looking. Man that just don't happen and we all know it. That's why I made the remark that your hunt looked so good to see, instead of some BS pic some people like to post for whatever reason. I was not trying to get educated or offend anybody just stating how it is

coinnut
02-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Popeye has nothing on you Robbie lol Just remember to switch hands every once in a while to balance out them muscles :shocked04: That's a lot of fast digging :clapping:

PL8MAN
02-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Great hunt :beerbuddy:

Kimster
02-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Nice haul!

giant056
02-20-2011, 06:15 AM
Great clad haul Dimeman thumbsup01

odave
02-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Congrats on the Century Day Robbie :peace: :clapping: :clapping: thumbsup01

Carver
02-20-2011, 01:53 PM
That's a REALLY nice haul there Robbie!!!!

BOWSER
02-20-2011, 07:06 PM
i thought you were puttin the idx on the back burner, I STIILL THINK THAT 6.59 is one heck of a freq to hunt with,no matter how old that detector is.

Dimeman
02-20-2011, 08:48 PM
i thought you were puttin the idx on the back burner, I STIILL THINK THAT 6.59 is one heck of a freq to hunt with,no matter how old that detector is.

The coil on the AT Pro is big and can't get close to the totlot equipment so I used the IDX.

After I get rid of daddy, I am getting a totlot detector,around the same frequency as 6.59, and then I'll put Jr. up for adoption. :omg: :omg: :omg:

For clarification ;
daddy=M6
jr.=IDX

russellt
02-20-2011, 08:54 PM
crap robbie i was dead set on seeing a fine ping pong ball. thats a good haul . i got 119 in 3 hours today.. i call that a draw ... congrats brother.. i still want to see the ping pong ball pic you slacker :angry:

Dimeman
02-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Just for Russellt---------1 ping pong ball-------eyeball find :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile:

DaleGM
02-20-2011, 11:00 PM
a few hungry kids after losing that much lunch money :twirlingeyes:but dont leave those nickel signals for the next guy..........gooooold!!!

Dimeman
02-21-2011, 08:35 PM
I try to get the nickels and pulltabs...you never know when a 21 inch 14K gold Italy chain will be hiding there instead of a pulltab. :yes: