PDA

View Full Version : 2 Short Hunts, Double Tap on Silver!

M-Taliesin
02-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Howdy Folks!
I went out after working on Friday evening and hit only one location. Temperature was 32 degrees, wind approx 10 to 15 MPH. Still, I visited a location that has several wood chip tot lots but only hit one because it was chilly out. That, and time was an issue. I discovered the location was fairly infested with clad coins that seemed to be in proliferation right near a tire swing. Few coins were found away from that particular spot. The location was a school playground in Brighton.

Take for that location was:
8 Quarters = $2.00
7 Nickels = $0.35
9 Dimes = $0.90
25 Pennies = $0.25
Total = $3.50
Coin Count = 49 Coins.
That hunt was only about 30 minutes.

Next morning, I started out late and finally got out in the afternoon. I hunted 3 locations and found a silver earring (925) at my first stop. Later in the day, about the time a storm started rolling in and the temprature dropped while the wind came on strong, I found a 1957 silver Rosie dime. Early in the hunt, the temperature was a fairly balmy 65 degrees with a mild breeze. I also found 2 rings on this hunt, one of which is a big honking piece of metal. The locations were in Denver and Aurora.

My take for hunt 2 was:
14 Quarters = $3.50
6 Nickels = $0.30
16 Dimes = $1.60
27 Pennies = $0.27
Total = $5.68
Coin Count = 64 Coins.

So, in under 24 hours, I got a silver earring, a silver Rosie, some foreign coins, a movie theatre token, 2 rings, and a few oddities. Both hunts were using my MXT Pro!

24 hour total:
22 Quarters = 5.50
13 Nickels = $0.65
25 Dimes = $2.50
53 Pennies = $0.53
Total = $9.18
Coin Count = 113 Coins

And I'm back to work today for 4 hours!
Maybe I'll try Brighton again!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

odave
02-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice bunch of finds Mel !! Congrats on all the silver !

Snickerdoodle
02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey MT see you found you a lil donkey with pin!!! And that is a honken ring you got on your finger in the pics. Glad you had a couple of nice hunts!!! I got to go out for the first time on Sat. not much but a lil clad is all fun getting out although. Snicks :)

M-Taliesin
02-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey MT see you found you a lil donkey with pin!!! And that is a honken ring you got on your finger in the pics. Glad you had a couple of nice hunts!!! I got to go out for the first time on Sat. not much but a lil clad is all fun getting out although. Snicks :)

Howdy Snicks!
It's all about having fun. I tend to consider clad a bonus.
I'm in it for the silver and gold! LOL!
But I enjoy the hunt itself, and the fun of finding stuff.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

coinnut
02-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Nice couple of hits Mel. Them little raskels better get going and lose some more stuff. Silver is always good thumbsup01

russellt
02-20-2011, 08:51 PM
the colorado goldslinger rides ,,,, yet again....awesome hunt , 32 degrees with a stout wind. mel your a tough old bird thats a fact..... talk about clock , wind and scoreboard against you.. gee whiz.

Dimeman
02-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice totals for a short time. A little silver is better than none. :yes:

zrickkid
02-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Nice Rosie!

DaleGM
02-20-2011, 11:39 PM
those tire swings throw more then bark rats off them and very rewarding indeed, another fine hunt mel!!! :clapping: :clapping:

M-Taliesin
02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
those tire swings throw more then bark rats off them and very rewarding indeed, another fine hunt mel!!! :clapping: :clapping:

Howdy Pardner!
Bark Rats:huh::huh: That's the funniest thing I've heard all day long. Considering I just got up about 10 minutes ago, I'd guess I ain't heard that much so far this morning, but still... that's barking hilarious! Bark Rats! Mind if I use that one myself? That's funny right there. Don't care who ya are, that's funny!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

exsquid
02-21-2011, 12:21 PM
WTG Mel...

was the Rosie on the totlot or out in the grass? Nice hunt...and good clad haul for the short time you were out...

Evan/tn
02-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Nice haul and congrats on the silver Mel,i knew it wouldn't take you long to find some silver or gold thumbsup01

M-Taliesin
02-22-2011, 09:46 AM
was the Rosie on the totlot or out in the grass? Nice hunt...and good clad haul for the short time you were out...

Howdy Larry!
I hit the Rosie on the actual tot lot, right at the bottom of a slide in wood chips.
No grass hunting, as I ain't healed up enough to knee on ground yet so still stuck
with wood chip lots.

Hopefully, in another week or two, I'll be back on my knees and fetching old coins
more regular like, but right now, I just ain't there.

Thanks for asking. Good question.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wingmaster
02-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Always great to find some silver, congrats.

tanacat
02-22-2011, 12:29 PM
congrats mel! Mighty nice haul :) That chunky ring w/the diamonds would've got my heart racing :twirlingeyes: Too bad it's not the real thing...

JTGOLD
02-22-2011, 01:56 PM
nice silver and good hunt,wtg Mel.