PDA

View Full Version : Simple Deep Silver Program

digginpa
02-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I decided to change the factory settings in deep silver, I discriminated -95 to +72, What are the benefits of no discrimination in deep silver as per Jacks, Magics, and Yazoo's programs? Wouldn't either setup work properly? Also in the expert menu, under search audio there are 4 settings, Disc, all metal, mixed mode, and stero mixed mode, which would work best for deep silver or would all work? I've noticed when selecting discriminate most rejected vdi's would not be heard, any benifit in doing this? I did notice that if Discrimination is selected theres no vco selection. Thank You

digginpa
02-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Anyone:huh:

CyberSage
02-22-2011, 09:48 PM
anyone? anyone? Bueller? Anyone? lol

OK, The idea is that a tone setting of 0 (no Tone) is faster in the logic response of the firmware than a null caused by a discriminated VDI range. Whites has never confirmed one way or another on this concept. I think it's faster. Don't get to caught up in this. I feel a much more important factor is the Recovery Delay and Filter settings. Mixed mode does nothing for me except cause more noise. I have enough noise to deal with, as I give tonal response to -95 and -94 now. My Wrap is set to -93. This can be noisy if your swing speed is to fast or you have a lot of deep iron. On the plus side I feel this sure brings out the good stuff that is in the same hole as trash targets. This allows deep targets that are wrapping to come through smoothly as well. Very good question PA!

Jack

digginpa
02-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the response Jack. I use 0 and a tone of 1 for Iron, also 0 tone thru +70, thats when Im looking for silver only, then go back over the area accepting say 50 thru 70 with a tone of 190.... Still learning, Love the V3i.