PDA

View Full Version : A Cold Hunt..

bmattioli
12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Woke up this morning to four inches of the dreaded stuff.. Checked out a few local parks and all covered with snow. What the heck, I'll go south and hope they did not get any. Got to the park, found there was no snow on the ground and saw only one car and one man out there. Guess who? Yep it was Angel braving the cold. I'll tell you with the wind it was wicked.. Not too much but 5 beat Wheaties and the knife. At one point I was shivering so bad talking with Angel I must have looked silly..

catskillcomics
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
You did better than I did bruce.. for some reason they got more snow across the river at the fairgrounds, So I ended up hitting a local park.. Nothing of interest.. What was the temp there today, about 40 here, not too bad.

angellionel
12-06-2009, 07:14 PM
You really were shivering quite a bit Bruce. I was getting colder just watching you shiver. lol It was becoming colder as the day progressed, mainly because of the wind that started to kick in. :shocked04:stretcher:

We did work hard for some silver, but the park refused to yield any today. Still, you did well with the wheats, and I like that knife too.

Epi-hunter
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
You did well given the weather. I know it must have been cold because believe me, I heard about it! lol

del
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
it was very chilly today , i give ya credit for gettin out Bruce thumbsup01 you must of gotten the dreaded shaking her head back an forth look from your wife when you got back home , huh. lol lol

Lane
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
That kind of dedication is what pays off in the end.

coinnut
12-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh boy them wheats are green lol I bet they are at least from the early 40, but hopefully earlier :) I wish I had gone out detecting, but I know that wind can bite you. Not a bad hunt. It seams like a bunch of them wheats were just out of reach previously. Got that E Trac fever yet??

MNDigger
12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Way to brave the cold and still get out Bruce! Still not a bad hunt and at least you were still able to hunt unlike a lot of us now! I would take full advantage of it while you can. ;)

OkieDigger
12-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Wow, those wheats out there really do get eaten up. As for the cold, we got plenty of it here and anything below 50 degrees will keep me indoors.