PDA

View Full Version : Sundays Short Hunt

Coinstar
02-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Well only had an hour and a half to hunt. So I went to the elementary school next door. I started at the tot lot and got about 30 cents in clad. So I decided to head out to the main field. Pick up more clad a couple of junk chains, and a rather interesting pewter sports figure. The sports guy was about 6 down and bounced between nickel and pull tab. Well, on to the next hunt. My tot lot hunts are really not doing well. I am amazed when I see finds on here from tot lots. Mind boggling.

Cheap Thrills
02-21-2011, 01:39 AM
A nice hunt . thumbsup01 I'm amazed at the silver coinage that is found on this forum .Most of my silver the last couple of years has been jewelry from the dirt and the wood chips .

Carver
02-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Nice finds!! Yup,,,I am the same as you,,,,my tot lots just don't produce gold and silver like some :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

odave
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Good hunt ! Bet it felt good to get out thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Congrats :clapping: :clapping:

Salty Dog
02-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Don't give up on the lots,there are a lot of varibles involved in them,In my area there are others that hit them too,just got to beat them to it...And yes a lot of silver and gold items are found in the lots,the kiddo's take mom and pop's goodies from home and lose them all the time...but with all the cold weather and snow here in central Ohio,the pickings are slim at the moment,we have only had two days that kids could play outside...I find when the lots don't produce hunt the grass around the outside of them,it's easier to lose stuff in the grass than the mulch where the other kids are finding lost stuff also,it will get better as the weather warms,around the swings are good spots for rings,best of luck this season,Dave

russellt
02-21-2011, 04:17 PM
i usually dont find to much in totlots around here . i find more stuff ever where else .... those are some good finds. and you didnt have to go far to get there :happydance01:

coinnut
02-21-2011, 07:30 PM
If I can't have a opinion then I will go

I split that topic because it was getting away from the original post. It is now in the off topic section