PDA

View Full Version : E-Trac vs Spectra V3 wet sand or dry.

Eagle 1
12-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I have to tell you I have been out now 2 times with my new E-Trac. I went to the beach and used it in wet sand or dry and Salt water about a 12. The E-Trac ran smooth and flawlessly. I did not have any falseing what so ever. Even when I hit the sand with the coil it did not false unlike the V3 witch will false in wet sand even with the V950 coil. The V950 dose help and lowing your gain will help. But the more you lower the gain to help with the falseing the less depth you will get. What I dont get apples to apples is that the two coils E-Trac & V3 have DD coils. The E-Trac is 11 & the V3 is 10. The V3 will false & the E-Trac will not so far. I also notest the V3 would false in the woods if I hit a stump or shrubs. There was nothing rong with the coil I sent in to White's and they told it was fine go figure. Also at the beach there is a peir there with lots of EMI's. I could not tuch that with the DFX the V3 was no problem but it took about 15 min. to get it just right. The E-Trac had no problems with out changeing a thing. There was one spot that that had some EMI's all I did was hit the botton and in 30 sec. it was gone. Also on the V3 you have a TX boost to make it go deeper howerer When I tested it on land in med. soil, I had a silver 1/2 kennedy at 11 Was just picking it up as a wisper my RX gain was at 12. When I turned on the TX boost it went unstable Then I had the lower the RX gain down to 5. There was no gain of depth at all it stayed at 11 wisper. On the beach you can leave it at 12 and kick on the TX boost and it runs fine but can more false. So far I am loveing the E-Trac. That all for now I will have more later.

Eagle 1

coinnut
12-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Both machines are super machines from what I have heard. I have the E Trac and one of the best features I have found is the handling of EMI. That is the main reason I use it over the DFX. I had it on top of a mountain with radio transmitters and microwave dishes and I was able to get within 15 feet of them. I found that to be amazing. I'm still glowing from the micrwave dishes lol. In auto +3 sensitivity, it barely falses. I think the E Trac is a more user friendly machine, but I bet that V3 has some tricks up it's sleeve thumbsup01 It will just take longer for the owners to find them magic combinations.

Eagle 1
12-06-2009, 11:37 PM
All I can say is I am glad I sold my V3 and got the E-Trac. I is a more user friendly machine. I went to the beach today and dug a hole 20 deep with the E-Trac. :grin: And what do you think I found. It was a cast iron pipe yep :crying02:
I though I hit gold with my new E-Trac Nope. I have done the same with the V3 and the DFX. It sounded like it was
Silver loud and strong. That one sound I won't forget.

Eagle 1