PDA

View Full Version : Century Day, Silver Again!

M-Taliesin
02-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Howdy Folks!
I am embarked on a more 'normal' hunt yesterday and hit some 5 to 7 locations.
Started out just after 10am, and didn't stop hunting until around 5:00pm.
It was my determination to find some gold, but I was disappointed in that particular department. Still, I managed to take 145 coins. Not included in that number were a
$5 Peso Mexican coin, a 10 cent French Euro, an Australian nickel and two RTD tokens.

Aside from coins, I found 4 rings, two of them are silver. In addition, I found several
other cheapie jewelry items. Two post earrings look like strawberries. The posts are bent
badly, almost flat to the backside on both.

Oddities for the day was a die, heavy and made of metal, about an inch wide to
each face of the cube. A live .22 long bullet. A screwdriver bit.

Take for the day was:
26 Quarters = $6.50
19 Nickels = $0.95
27 Dimes = $2.70
73 Pennies = $0.73
Total = $10.88
Coin Count = 145

Thanks for Looking,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wingmaster
02-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Congrats on the silver.

JTGOLD
02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
chalk up another good hunt for Mel,great job, thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Salty Dog
02-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Congrats Mel,you don't get them finds sitting home...It would take several tot lots here to hit them kind of finds too,hope your knee was up to it....any hunt that ends with some rings is a great one :beerbuddy:

zrickkid
02-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Love the rings, you are really piling up the clad! :clapping:

exsquid
02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Excellent hunt Mel...WTG!!

russellt
02-22-2011, 08:10 PM
congrats on the century day MT.. its just that ,,,,,, your century days are more exciting than mine ....... because you find alot more stuff :clapping:

coinnut
02-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Nice hits Mel. You worked for it, 5+ tot lots :shocked04: Congrats on the silver. :clapping: The gold will come as soon as the weather gives a little. Hope the price of gold isn't scaring grandma from buying charms for the kids :ticked: Great clad total.

odave
02-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Good hunt and finds Mel !!

M-Taliesin
02-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Congrats Mel,you don't get them finds sitting home...It would take several tot lots here to hit them kind of finds too, hope your knee was up to it....any hunt that ends with some rings is a great one :beerbuddy:

Howdy Salty!
The knee held up fine. The ankle is killing me now. The bruise is still covering the entire back of my left
leg all the way from 4 inches above the knee to the ankle. And the bruise has actually been travelling
down the leg toward the foot. Now that it arrived in the vicinity of the ankle, it is painful as all heck down
there. Doc said yesterday that gravity is the problem. All that gravity pulling all that blood down into the
ankle joint! No cautions or restrictions, just advised to keep doing what I am already doing.

So, I was out for approximately 7 hours on this hunt. If you put in that kind of time, you gotta find
something! Otherwise, go back to the house and fetch out your machine because if you ain't finding
anything, evidently it got left behind!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin