PDA

View Full Version : Star Size

odave
02-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Hope You all Enjoy thumbsup01
Star Size Comparison HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEheh1BH34Q#ws)

jkress
02-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Fascinating! :shocked04: :shocked04:
I love stuff like this. Space/Time is such an interesting entity. :yes:
Thanks for posting the video. :clapping:

DaleGM
02-22-2011, 11:55 PM
make ya feel like a speck of sand on the beach, cool video Dave, it reminds me something you would see at the Planetarium in San Francisco..... :popcorn:

tanacat
02-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Thank you for sharing- amazing stuff out there... |:confused:)

Makes you really think how did it all start, how'd we get here, where are we going :huh:

Toadman
02-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Awesome stuff !!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Indy!
02-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Wow, great stuff! I'll show this to my kids later today!

exsquid
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Pretty cool vid...What an incredible Creator to make all of it work so well....

Indy!
02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Pretty cool vid...What an incredible Creator to make all of it work so well....

I'll add a big Amen to that!!

BOWSER
02-23-2011, 06:15 PM
we are the only beings in the universe thumbsup01

Carl in Louisiana
02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Wow what an awesome display of our Gods power to create and hold all things together in perfect order.......

Carver
02-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Well gee thanks Dave,,,,,,you are making me feel really small and insignificant,,,,,and I thought I really accomplished something at work today. Now I will go back and crawl into my little hole,,,,,,LOL!!! Thanks for a great video Buddy!!! VERY COOL :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:

zrickkid
02-23-2011, 10:55 PM
The wonders of the universe have always fascinated me. I do amateur astronomy and have seen a lot of great stuff. I highly recommend it to everyone!

odave
02-23-2011, 11:23 PM
The wonders of the universe have always fascinated me. I do amateur astronomy and have seen a lot of great stuff. I highly recommend it to everyone!

Zrickkid I too Love Astronomy ..I met My wife while working at an Observatory.

It's a wonderful hobby and subject . I always feel a sense of wonder and Joy
looking through My Telescope or looking up at the Milky Way.
I've also enjoyed sharing Astronomy by putting on many star parties up in the
Mountains , Sometimes Friends Come up and set up their scopes too and
lots of happy campers sit around and look in the scopes and have a good time.

I'm with You !! I highly recommend it to all.

Dave :interesting:

coinnut
02-23-2011, 11:50 PM
I love astronomy :smitten: Always been facinated by it and spent many an evening looking up at the stars. I even remember a very cold night watching stars at a local stargazing event. It was freezing rofl. I never seen that video before. Thanks for posting it. We are just a dot in a very big place. If you think we are alone, just Google &quot:grin:rake Equation and see what the odds are of some other civilizations existing. I also used to watch this video, although it is a bit dated and kinda boring at times, but it makes you wonder if the universe is just a speck of dust on somebody's shoe lol Maybe we are the microbes. :dontknow:

Powers of Ten (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKBhvDjuy0#)

jkress
02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
If you think we are alone, just Google &quot:grin:rake Equation and see what the odds are of some other civilizations existing.

Definitely fascinating stuff. For me, there are some far reaching assumptions used in the equation that prevent my little brain from buying all into it. Of course that doesn't mean I don't believe in extraterrestrial life... I do. It's just too big out there to be completely empty.
Although not the equations creator but a proponent, Carl Sagan has always been one of my heroes. He and especially Stephen Hawking are truly brilliant thinkers. |:confused:) I could read their works all day long.
Well, lunch break is over... time to get back to work in my tiny little world. lol

russellt
02-24-2011, 02:26 PM
i bet there are tons of lost coins out there.. :crying02: