PDA

View Full Version : Today at Moscow, Ky.

Civil War Nut
02-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Hidy to all and hope all are well. Today had the craveing to go to Moscow, Ky. Didnt find much just stuff with HOLES in it. Dont realy know what most of it is, just some of it so maybe some of yal might know what it is. This is where Camp Desha was in the early part of the war, CSA.. Some bullets,, lead,, flat button ant ever found ond as heavy as this one,, shoe taps,, key hole cover,, the long shiney pice is silver,, a pice with hole is brass but dont know what it is,, and another coin with a cotton picking hole in it. I can see now this ant going to be a good year. Its a 1846 large cent I have never seen one of them that they wore around ther neck, Always silver. Guss I will go back tomorrow , ant got no other place to go. Ant much but hope yal enjoy, & thanks for looking. H.H.

jkress
02-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Another great hunt CWN! :clapping:
Looks like you found plenty of items with holes. lol

Lots of great relics here. Love that button. :smitten: Congrats on the LC... holed or not.

Sorry, but I have no expertise on the identification on these types of items. I am looking forward to what some of the experts will have to say.

Great stuff. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
02-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Holed or not those are some cool finds thumbsup01
I don't find to many buttons around here so the buttons are a cool find for me! I like that you can still see some of the gold gilt on the rear of the button, inside the recessed letters! Nice!
And the LC is a great find holed or not! I've only found one LC and it has a hole in it too :dontknow: :rolleyes: Oh well !! Still cool!
Nice finds! Good luck on the return trip! thumbsup01
Congrats ! :grin:

del
02-23-2011, 07:04 AM
hey CWN very cool items the top left piece in the first photo ( or in the 6th one) is the top to a powder flask thumbsup01 nice find . in photo 2 the grey item in the middle with the shell motif design is the back of a pewter spoon bowl . i wish i could be more help , very nice large cent .

Dan

giant056
02-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Excellent hunt and finds CWN thumbsup01 I like the flat button and old holed cent!!

Carver
02-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Cool finds!!! I still like the Large :happydance01: :happydance01:

Evan/tn
02-23-2011, 07:41 AM
That's a great hunt Earl :yes: great looking large cent and nice button,got a little bit of everything there.
Bet that large cent was a good signal!

Civil War Nut
02-23-2011, 10:02 AM
hey CWN very cool items the top left piece in the first photo ( or in the 6th one) is the top to a powder flask thumbsup01 nice find . in photo 2 the grey item in the middle with the shell motif design is the back of a pewter spoon bowl . i wish i could be more help , very nice large cent .

Dan
Hidy Del. I sure thank you on the powder flask, never even though about that, and it sure is. I looked it up in my books. I have to go back over all my camps and pick them up now, been throughing them away. I was wondering why I was finding them things all the time. Thinks agin.

Civil War Nut
02-23-2011, 10:08 AM
That's a great hunt Earl :yes: great looking large cent and nice button,got a little bit of everything there.
Bet that large cent was a good signal!
Hidy Evan, Not realy. This place is 95% rust. The M.D. sounds like a gun on fully alto. It is hard hunting. But its about all I got that I havent walked to death. Going back this morning. Good luck & H.H.

zrickkid
02-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice digs. I would love to find a LC holed or not! happydance02 :clapping:

Hillbilly Dave
02-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey CWN, I see you have been hunting in Kentucky. You should get on Bluegrass parkway and come on up and hunt with us. We are at the eastern end of it.

coinnut
02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Can't ID any of the other things any better that everyone else did already. :clapping: Great hunt and some nice relics for sure. On the bottom left, the oval on the first picture looks like a buckle, but I can't see if there is a hole in it for the pin :dontknow: It's lucky that you can get anything out of there with all that iron. Love the iron hook you found as well as the large cent :beerbuddy:

Civil War Nut
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Can't ID any of the other things any better that everyone else did already. :clapping: Great hunt and some nice relics for sure. On the bottom left, the oval on the first picture looks like a buckle, but I can't see if there is a hole in it for the pin :dontknow: It's lucky that you can get anything out of there with all that iron. Love the iron hook you found as well as the large cent :beerbuddy:
Hidy Cnut. That is a brass ring, I find them things a lot. I put this one in my pouch so I would have a little to show. I find alot of them in the Civil War sites but dont keep them. If I keep all the stuff I found I would have to sleep out side, ant got no room for it.

Civil War Nut
02-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey CWN, I see you have been hunting in Kentucky. You should get on Bluegrass parkway and come on up and hunt with us. We are at the eastern end of it.
I wish yall wouldnt say that cause I would love to hunt with and meet yall. Love that Civil War and Live to hunt. Yal have a good day and good luck for the best.

milco
02-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Awesome bunch of finds, congrats on the LC!