PDA

View Full Version : First for me

Killer Tn
02-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Something very strange happened to me yesterday. I went to a spot where I have hunted a few times before , out in this field where they had soybeans last year , and I decided to go across a creek and hunt the other field . After I crossed the creek and was walking through the weeds and trees , I walked right up on this homeless guys camp . He was standing there mean muggin me . I guess he wondered what the heck I was doing out there . He never said anything , he ust stood there by his tent . I didn't find very much , I was kinda looking over my shoulder , wondering what that guy was going to do.

odave
02-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Glad everything turned out OK .
Be careful out there thumbsup01

Ill Digger
02-23-2011, 11:49 PM
That wouldn't be a very comfortable hunting situation :-\ having to look over you shoulder the whole time :-\
As much as you were freaked out by him, he's probably not sleeping too good tonight. :-\ :-\ He's probably wondering if you'll come back at night :thinkingabout:
Yep, be careful out there thumbsup01
It might not be a bad idea to take along another person next time :thinkingabout:

del
02-24-2011, 04:00 AM
hunting with a few people is always better than being alone , the old saying safety in numbers holds true and makes for a enjoyable and fun time with friends . there are alot more dangerous things out there than homeless people . becareful out there.

leslie(nova scotia)
02-24-2011, 06:22 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....sounds to dis bouy liken a fellow who has camped in da woods looking fur his lost detector. Hope he is okay youz!

Carver
02-24-2011, 06:57 AM
That would freak you out for sure!!! Would not be a fun hunt at all :-\ :-\ :-\

coinnut
02-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Very scary when you see a tent or a make shift home. Usually these people want to be alone and think it's their property. Got to be careful, some of them are not all there mentally too. They can be extremely suspicious of someone wandering around their home. I have stumbled onto 3 of those, on different mountainous area I like to wander on and have been lucky that all 3 were empty. But I did have a different feeling about hunting there after that. One eye on the ground, the other watching my back lol Bring a friend (or a small calibur friend ;))

JTGOLD
02-24-2011, 03:23 PM
that would be very scary,don't think I could handle that so I would be gtting out of there real fast.

Killer Tn
02-24-2011, 06:34 PM
That guy may not have been homeless , he might have been cooking meth or doing something he's not supposed to be doing . That meth is some real bad stuff , there are people getting caught making , using and selling that stuff around here .

Lowjiber
02-24-2011, 08:09 PM
That can be an unnerving experience for anyone. Glad you came out okay.

coinnut
02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
That guy may not have been homeless , he might have been cooking meth or doing something he's not supposed to be doing . That meth is some real bad stuff , there are people getting caught making , using and selling that stuff around here .

Got that right...come across a meth lab and all bets are off :shocked04:

Evan/tn
02-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Don't let it spook ya.there are thousands of people one paycheck away from being homeless...but there are some nuts out there...don't jump the gun 8/

RobW
02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
There's a park in my twon that has homeless camps around it too. I'm always a bit spooked with I go into the woods around it....It's the park where I found that knife and bone last year...spooks me even more....

Been thinking about getting a carry permit. We walk around carrying $1500+ detectors...in some places you can get shot over $50...you just never know who or what you might encounter.

russellt
02-26-2011, 08:50 PM
yep its a fine line.... thats for sure

giant056
02-28-2011, 01:10 AM
I talked quite a bit to one of those guys three different winters and a couple of them were really cold, I went there this year and he flew the coop. I suspect he got run off when they cut a big path through the preserve last summer real close to where he was.