PDA

View Full Version : Coil Help from you pros.

cnr_dogs
02-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi I am sending my Prism III (coinmaster) down to Puerto Rico for our vacation the 19th of March which Coil is going to be best to use for the beaches...4X6 dd shooter or 9 spider thanks Chris

coinnut
02-26-2011, 09:02 PM
I would use the biggest, most stable coil you have. I don't think you will get enough depth at the beach from a 4x6, even though a DD coil might be a better overall choice. Now if it was the 6x10, then I would probably go with that. Between those two choices, I would go with the big guns lol

del
02-26-2011, 11:47 PM
:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: well in a perfect world i would send both as the prism machines arn't that great on the beach ( you'll get alot of falsing going from the dry to wet sand conditions ). the standard coil although great for coverage and depth you'll probably have to turn down the sensitivity to keep it stable , therefore loosing depth . the small 4x6 would handle the emi and mineralization better and you'll probably be able to crank the sensitivity up and it would shine in a trashy area but it is a small coil and depth is limited. :daydream: :daydream: you really need to beg,barrow or steal a water machine from somebody and get out in that water . :grin:

cnr_dogs
02-27-2011, 10:40 AM
:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: well in a perfect world i would send both as the prism machines arn't that great on the beach ( you'll get alot of falsing going from the dry to wet sand conditions ). the standard coil although great for coverage and depth you'll probably have to turn down the sensitivity to keep it stable , therefore loosing depth . the small 4x6 would handle the emi and mineralization better and you'll probably be able to crank the sensitivity up and it would shine in a trashy area but it is a small coil and depth is limited. :daydream: :daydream: you really need to beg,barrow or steal a water machine from somebody and get out in that water . :grin:

Good Idea Richard (fastfwd) has offered his Beach Hunter so both will be going down with us.

Lowjiber
02-27-2011, 11:20 AM
My father-in-law hunts the highly mineralized beaches around Half Moon Bay in California with a Prizim III. He does pretty well around the towel line by turning the sensitivity down a bit.

However, when he gets near the water line, was having some problems. To help a bit, he walks directly toward the water line so his swings are parallel with the water. This seems to help. Walking parallel to the water line causes a drastic change in ground conditions under the coil.

(Your results may vary.)