PDA

View Full Version : Took a voluntary layoff...

Dirt Fisher
02-26-2011, 10:41 PM
for a month. Next week is my last week off before returning. I have been working on the LARGE honey do list and next week is all detecting. I have only been 3 times since I have been off and its killing me. So far I have painted the bathroom, put in a double sink and vanity there as well , painted the basement walls and floor, built a huge bedroom in the basement for me and the wife and I think that is enough. Time to detect. Should be posting some goodies next week. <: <: <: Now watch it rain all next week.

odave
02-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Wow That's a lot of work Done !! Go Detecting :grin: You deserve it thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Dirt Fisher
02-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Wow That's a lot of work Done !! Go Detecting :grin: You deserve it thumbsup01 thumbsup01
Believe me it was alot of work. Good thing my dad made me help him do things around the house when I was a kid or I would not even known where to start on some of this stuff. I also ordered a 36x61 mirror to go over the double sink and installed it also. I have been a good boy. :angelic:

Ill Digger
02-26-2011, 11:26 PM
I have been a good boy. :angelic:
:shocked04: I guess!!
Yeah that should earn you a Go detecting anytime you want kind pass from the better half for a while!! :yes: thumbsup01 lol

Toadman
02-26-2011, 11:42 PM
If this fails.. kick her in the knee and bolt !!! :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

Dirt Fisher
02-27-2011, 09:52 AM
If this fails.. kick her in the knee and bolt !!! :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:
she might slap me to the floor Toaddaddy, kicking is against her rules :beatdown: :beatdown: :beatdown:

Carver
02-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Lots of work means lots of tecting!!!! Good luck and looking forward to your finds!!!

leslie(nova scotia)
02-27-2011, 02:46 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....man think that honey dew list will be harded then going to work...lol! Take care and enjoy the time off me bouy!

zrickkid
02-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Thats a lot of work but im sure the wife is placated at least a bit for now. :embarrassed: Now get out there and hunt! :grin:

coinnut
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Run and don't look back lol You earned it thumbsup01

BOWSER
02-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I have to ask the question everybody is thinkin, how did you end up in the basement of you're home. Did you're kids send you there. :crazy:

Dirt Fisher
02-27-2011, 09:38 PM
I have to ask the question everybody is thinkin, how did you end up in the basement of you're home. Did you're kids send you there. :crazy:
Yeah, they actually did. I have two step daughters and one son of my own and a three bedroom house. the kids are 12,13, and 14 and the girls shared a room with bunk beds. they now have a room to theirselves and I have one whole half of the basement for my stereo, my tv, my recliner, my bed, and it's like their house upstairs and my house downstairs. Well worth the effort I put into the house not to mention the value going up with just a few upgrades. It was a win, win situation especially all three hitting the teenage years where they no everything and everything that comes from their mouth is a smart a$$ answer. I'm in heaven.

BOWSER
02-27-2011, 10:14 PM
All the best to you thumbsup01 thumbsup01

JTGOLD
02-27-2011, 11:14 PM
well good luck next week,hope you find a bunch to help pay for all the work you did on the house thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

russellt
02-28-2011, 06:54 PM
lots of people are taking temporary layoffs right now . hey its better than the alternative... now go swing a coil :peace: