PDA

View Full Version : All in All, Done Okay!

M-Taliesin
02-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Howdy Folks!
I've started back to work, at least on a reduced schedule. It has been strange going back to work after being out so long as I have. Meanwhile, my last visit with the doc was last week, and he claimed I've made terrific progress with my leg. He sounded like I done real well and without physical therapy. I told him about the exercises I've been doing on my own, and he recommended I continue doing whatever it is I'm doing, because I'm evidently doing something right.

I decided to hunt with my trusty MXT 300 yesterday and give the MXT Pro a rest!
Anyhow, I had to work yesterday but not until about 4:00pm. So I left the house around 10:30 and got to my first location around 11:00ish. I found some clad at my first and second stop, but mostly found them disappointing. Then I hit my third location and found a 1956 silver Rosie. I also found a 1946 wheat penny at my second stop of the day, but the 3rd location gave up the silver. There wasn't much else there until I hit one spot about 6 feet by 4 feet, and there must've been 30 to 40 coins in that small plot, mostly pennies with a few dimes.

So I showed up for work and got off around 8:40pm and got some gas before hitting a location in Brighton. Musta been around 9:00pm when I finally arrived. I hit two large tot lots there and found almost nothing. I found only about 6 or 7 coins before I happened upon one hole that held something like 30 to 35 coins. I ended up walking off with 42 coins and was done by 9:25! I actually got weary of being hunched over that same spot for much of the time I was there. But so long as coins kept coming, I kept taking them in. Pennies, dimes, nickels galore. All within a 1 foot circle. Not too shabby!

My take was:
16 Quarters = $4.00
33 Nickels = $1.65
25 Dimes = $2.50
89 Pennies = $0.89
Total = $9.04
Coin Count = 163 Coins!

Unfortunately, I did not find gold on this trip, but did manage silver. The totals above do not include the silver Rosie or the wheat penny.

Oddities I found was something that looked like a flower but a big honking piece. I found a cheapie ring too. There was a small earring that I thought might be gold, but it ain't. There was one item shaped like a pyramid, but I have no clue what it is or what it might be useful for. Several other items were interesting, but not of any value other than curiosity.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Salty Dog
02-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Nice Mel,that one Item looks like maybe Aztec in nature :thinkingabout:

Dimeman
02-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Nice silver and wheat score.!!!!! 8)

Snickerdoodle
02-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Glad to hear the news from the DR. MT :yes: :yes: And nice hunts. :clapping:

exsquid
02-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Nice finds Mel...

Was that Rosie on a totlot?? I'm telling you, I am amazed at what those things produce for you... :yes:

wingmaster
02-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Congrats on the rosie.

russellt
02-27-2011, 04:23 PM
and i thought you were all hat and no cattle :drool: just kiddin MT.. another awesome hunt . looks like you are welling up nicely .. congrats on the spill find those are fun..to many nice finds to comment on . i just dont know where to start <:

coinnut
02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Cool looking trinkets Mel. Some of them could have been gold but no dice this time around lol Congrats on the Silver dime and hopefully the rug rats will be bringing some more stuff out there for you. Good amount of clad. Do that enough times and you can buy yourself a gold coin :clapping:

odave
02-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Good hunt Mel !! Glad the knee is doing better !!
I like the 1/2 Pyramid charm...kind of cool looking

marinedad
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
good news detecting and good news from the doc.

RobW
02-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Wow, that is a haul!

Evan/tn
02-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Nice haul in the coin department Mel happydance02
Yep don't let the MXT get to lonely crying01...it's been good to ya :yes: