PDA

View Full Version : Gold panning/nugget hunting in California this summer. Need advice.

Big Boys Hobbies
02-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Hello everyone. My family and I are going to Cali this summer for a wedding. I want to take my boys gold panning somewhere after the wedding. I have no idea how to do it and would like a touristy type place to go. Somewhere preferably that teaches you, is kid friendly and you can rent equipment. I think the boys would love it. Anyone suggest a place to go learn?

I plan on bringing a Teknetics G2 or Fisher Gold bug pro to use if I can.

Thanks for you responses! Love to hear any and all suggestions!

zrickkid
02-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Sounds like fun! Good luck and happy hunting. :peace:

Lowjiber
02-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Jamestown is for you. There are several places in the area to learn (successfully) to pan for gold. Just check it out on Google.

BTW: There is an old haunted hotel in town that is on the National Register of Historic places. It's also right across the street from one of the companies that can take you prospecting.

If you need more details, just PM me.

Also, be sure to go to Columbia...just down the street. Lot's of history.

LeoninCali
03-02-2011, 10:09 PM
roaring camp off highway 50 outside of sacramento...It's a little pricey, but the owners are really helpful. It's on the Mokulumne river, a great gold bearing river in the area. but it also depends on what part of california your gonna be in.

Big Boys Hobbies
03-21-2011, 04:34 PM
I keep hearing Jamestown. I found a place there that looks good. Boys and I cant wait! Wife....... eeehhhhh....lol