PDA

View Full Version : A SHOT LINCOLN & SHOT LARGE COPPER*CELLAR HOLES

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-07-2009, 06:34 PM
hit the trails at 9 am stayed till 4 pm.it was wet & cold.managed a few decent targets around cellar holes.as i was walking the trail i was swinging away.i got a nice quarter signal on the side of the trail.dug in expecting a piece of aluminum can.flipped the plug over and there she/he?was! a unidentifiable large cent or copper.must have taken alot of abuse on this trail for 200 years I have no clue what it is or what it was :crying02:
anyways a bit further down the trail i got a penny signal at one inch out pops the lincoln with hole.poor Abe was already shot once now again? lol
not alot of coins left at these sights but,it was rough hunting in the woods with the snow.all the branches had snow clinging to em.i can't count how many times snow went down my neck :crying02:
well have a great week all
dave

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-07-2009, 06:36 PM
MORE PICS

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
LAST PICS

coinnut
12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey Snowman lol Nice digs. Ya that copper is beat, but that's been par for the course lately. At least you got it before it rusted away to nothing. As for tha holed Lincoln?...It a stinkin zincoln lol lol and deserves to be shot. Targets are far and few between at these holes lately :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey Snowman lol Nice digs. Ya that copper is beat, but that's been par for the course lately. At least you got it before it rusted away to nothing. As for tha holed Lincoln?...It a stinkin zincoln lol lol and deserves to be shot. Targets are far and few between at these holes lately :confused:

LOL SNOWMAN lol yeah looks like things are fizzlin now.hey between the 3 of us we had a record number of coppers! close to 100! thumbsup01

OkieDigger
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Nice digs! I love the assortment of old items y'all find out there.

del
12-07-2009, 08:28 PM
wow , i think ya got more snow than us Dave . it sure makes for a wet and muddy day( bet your boots were awful when you were done) to say the least ,but at least ya got a copper and some exercise huh. i'm surprised you haven't found any new sites in them woods yet. be careful going out there by yourself man.

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-08-2009, 03:57 AM
wow , i think ya got more snow than us Dave . it sure makes for a wet and muddy day( bet your boots were awful when you were done) to say the least ,but at least ya got a copper and some exercise huh. i'm surprised you haven't found any new sites in them woods yet. be careful going out there by yourself man.

Dan

yeah my boots were a bit mucky.and i sure did get my excersise.i walked the entire trail from end to end yesterday.i been all over them trails Dan and i don't think there are any more sites.
Dan that heel plate is later than colonial? mid 1800's? perhaps?

del
12-08-2009, 06:51 AM
yeah my boots were a bit mucky.and i sure did get my excersise.i walked the entire trail from end to end yesterday.i been all over them trails Dan and i don't think there are any more sites.
Dan that heel plate is later than colonial? mid 1800's? perhaps?

thats is a good hike especially in the mud , i would say yes to the heel plate .have you been back to the really overgrown site , there has to be some open areas now .

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-08-2009, 07:25 AM
thats is a good hike especially in the mud , i would say yes to the heel plate .have you been back to the really overgrown site , there has to be some open areas now .

yeah i hit that site where ya found the 1817 in the snow.no freakin targets there.only that broken drawer pull and the little souvenirplate.the photo with the berries was taken at the little colonial across the trail from larger one where ya pulled the 1817...so many downed trees at that site and the site where ya pulled that large cloaker.both sites were destroyed by the loggers or whoever.i was kinda upset that they would do that.can't swing the coil.bet alot of targets are under tree limbs etc :angry: