PDA

View Full Version : AT PRO at N. Myrtle Beach

Shortcut
02-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Had a chance to use the new At Pro at the Grand Strand beach at North Myrtle Beach. The finds were hard to come by as it has been hunted hard all winter and it needs to be re-seeded with with warm weather and beach goers. I did manage to find some pennies and quarters. The machine was a pleasant suprise as to how quiet it operated on the wet sand. All you needed to do was ground balance and I took the sensitivity down about two notches and had no falsing. The water was very cold and I did not have waders but I did spend a very short time with the coil under water and at the waters edge. Again it was quiet with little to no falsing. The coins I did find were all between 7 to 10 in depth and the At Pro hit with solid signals. All but one quarter and one penny were found in the wet sand. They would go through every other day with the sand cleaning machine. The only thing I can really say bad about it is any time you touched the sand with the coil it would false. I have talked to Garrett and I will be sendind it in I guess it is something they can fix and was told that they have not had problems with the ones being shipped out now. Please remember the sand does not seem to have alot of black sand where I was but it still performed well in the salt water enviroment for a single freq vlf machine.

Shortcut

cnr_dogs
02-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the review I am planning on gettting an AT Pro shortly.

RWJR13
03-01-2011, 06:23 PM
....Thanks for the review.....Good to hear......