PDA

View Full Version : December 7

Islandhunter
12-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Meant to post this yesterday and forgot... :embarrassed: Let us NEVER forget and always remember the sacrifices made by many so we can enjoy the freedoms we have today. My great uncle was abaord the Arizona when she was hit and was one of the lucky few that survived and went on to serve thru the war.

coinnut
12-08-2009, 12:10 PM
I try and think of that everyday. But around holidays it is much harder on families that have someone serving. We can never repay all of those who have paid some price for their dedication to our country. :smitten:

sectshun8
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
You know, when to work at midnight this morning the first thing I thought of was Pearl Harbor Day, and how the whole previous day I didn't see ONE mention of it on CNN.com, and then not even once on all the forums I visit :mad:

Being the son of a career Navy man, and serving in the Army myself for 8 years, and having lived in Pearl Harbor for 4 years, things like Pearl Harbor Day are on my calendar. I understand to many, 9/11 is what sticks out most, but we shouldn't forget the first time we were sucker punched. ;)

del
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Meant to post this yesterday and forgot... :embarrassed: Let us NEVER forget and always remember the sacrifices made by many so we can enjoy the freedoms we have today. My great uncle was abaord the Arizona when she was hit and was one of the lucky few that survived and went on to serve thru the war.

that is an amazing thing your great Uncle lived through IH , the stories he could tell would be priceless , and without a doubt he is part of the greatest generation of sons and daughters of our life time , God Bless them all. Pearl Harbor was one of the most eye opening tragedies to hit our soil at that time that rallied this country , tested the character of our nation and brought us all together as a people .thanks for the reminder.

Dan

Epi-hunter
12-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Great post and thank you for the reminder. We can never forget.

RickO
12-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Great post. I too was amazed at the utter lack of commentary on the major networks. Should tell Americans something about the state of our news media. RickO

coinnut
12-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Great post. I too was amazed at the utter lack of commentary on the major networks. Should tell Americans something about the state of our news media. RickO

I hate the media now. I remember when CNN was the station to turn to and extremely professional. Then they sold out and became this game show news agency. It is like a bad reality TV show now. I go to the BBC online when I need some real info.

Krom
12-12-2009, 11:00 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/Nam69/Smileys/icon_salut.gif to you, Bill! Thanks, bro! thumbsup01