PDA

View Full Version : AT Pro hunts-- the last 2 days

Dimeman
03-02-2011, 05:46 PM
My 8th Outing with the AT Pro

Took the AT Pro out to a 1952 park and searched the grass area looking for older coins. Still learning the ways of the AT Pro I did come across an interesting thing on scanning on some coins. Some coins when directly under the 1st small open rectangle just above the rod connection , will make a double sound if the coin is close to the coil when scanned. Haven't figured out if that is the hot spot of the coil and will have to test some different coins to see.

I didn't get too many coins but was digging them between 5-7 inches deep in an area I had searched before with my 2 other detectors just very recently. They didn't detect them.

1 penny signal was a good solid number signal, where the VDI was very steady, and showed 8 inches deep. It was dug at least 7 inches down according to my new digger with a measured blade. I had to get a new trowel digger as the AT Pro does detect deeper than my other detectors I needed a sharper one to dig the deeper coins I have been finding with it.

See 1st picture !!!

My take for the day was 4 wheats, a 1989 Canadian cent a key and some clad.
See 2nd picture !!!

My 9th Outing with the AT Pro

Went and searched a park area that was the site of an old German gun club up until about 1945. In 1956 the grounds were turned into a park.
As I was mostly searching for old lead bullets, I notched out everything below the bullets, which came in like a Zinc cent. I like the AT Pro notch system, where you can notch in, or out any area from iron up to dollar. If you look for a specific item like a ring or a piece of jewelry, you can notch out everything else and it will sound off, only on those items in that range.

I dug 4 lead bullets, a silver dime and some clad coins. All the lead bullets were dug at less than 4 inches deep. All the coins were between 4-8 inches deep. The silver dime showed a 8 inch depth and indeed I took out a lot of dirt to get to it.

I still am amazed at the way the AT Pro cuts through all the trash signals and still gets the coins that are very close to the trash items.

See 3rd picture !!!

russellt
03-02-2011, 05:51 PM
sounds like you have a better chance at the deep ones... hhhhhmmmmm...... ill pm you

Salty Dog
03-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Good Info. Robbie,thanks for sharing,sounds like you are getting a good handle on that AT pro. Dave

Carver
03-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Sounds like that AT Pro is the cat meow Robbie! WTG!!!

odave
03-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Good hunt Robbie !! Glad It's finding deep targets for You thumbsup01

zrickkid
03-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Looks like you are starting to become one with that machine.

giant056
03-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Good hunt and finds Dimeman thumbsup01

marinedad
03-03-2011, 12:49 PM
looks like your getting to know your detector better, congrats on the finds.

jkress
03-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Nice couple of hunts Dimeman. :peace:
You and the AT are sure getting along very nicely. The machine is giving you some great depth.
Congrats on the silver.

wingmaster
03-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Congrats on the rosie.