PDA

View Full Version : Jack's correlate program question

Joe in Atlanta
03-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi All,

On Jack's program which Search Audio do you use; Disc, all metal, mixed or VCO? The baseline C&J program has it in mixed Mode. Is this right?

Thanks

CyberSage
03-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey Joe!
The default Coin & Jewelry program uses a Discrimination mode. (I use Tone ID as well.) Load the program from your Library and start with that result for your base program. It's all about experimenting however, so don't hesitate to enable the mixed mode, and let us know how it goes.

Jack

Joe in Atlanta
03-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Smart!

Somehow I had changed it from the default.

Thanks

MartinL
03-11-2011, 11:44 AM
I have a question too about Jack's program. Is the threshold tone supposed to be mute? martin

CyberSage
03-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Martin, the threshold will mute irregardless of it's tone setting. Even a target that is set to a tone of 0 will cause the threshold to null. hopefully for a shorter time than using a discrimination setting. At least that's the idea.

MartinL
03-13-2011, 10:11 AM
What setting makes the search audio threshold mute in your program? Is it possible to get that continuous hum back in your program without losing a prime setting which you added to it? Thanks. martin

CyberSage
03-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Martin,

Even though the custom tone is set to 0 it still causes the threshold to disappear when a target with in the 0 range elicits a response.

MartinL
03-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Martin,

Even though the custom tone is set to 0 it still causes the threshold to disappear when a target with in the 0 range elicits a response.

Are we still talking about the same thing? I don't get the familiar, constant low hum when swinging the ground with your program. This is a very fundamental tone. I understand that if a zero tone will affect the drop outs over targets assigned to 0. Why is that hum never there at all with your program? I sense we are miscommunicating. martinmartin

CyberSage
03-17-2011, 03:14 PM
It sounds as if you have your threshold volume turned down or your Threshold Tone set to low.

v3ikid
03-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Go to audio on the live controls and see what your threshold level is set at. If it is set to 0 then you will not have a treshold hum. Adjust it up to your liking. If it is not at 0 then you should hear something. If not then as Jack recommended you will have to look into changing your threshold tone. You can do that in the expert menu under audio.

MartinL
03-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I fount it! The Threshold box somehow was unchecked for the Search Audio/Discrimination/Threshold selection. I was sure that I had checked the audio levels against the other programs, which I did again today. I sure wish this V3i had a USB port or a bluetooth function so loading custom programs were a concrete process.

I got tone now. Thanks for the help. It had to be something simple. No PP tone after 6 is now my next, on-going exploration. That is a topic for another thread though. martin

Schrecky
03-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Yea, that is one thing the V3 had that I miss on V3i. On the V3 you could transmit a program from one V3 to another. At the 2010 DFXonly.com annual hunt, Magic transmitted his program to about five of us all at once, it worked great.

CyberSage
03-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Hello Schrecky!
How you been? It was sad to see the Transmit/Receive feature removed. It was not the most practical, but at least we had a way to exchange programs. With the vast array of possible settings available on the V3/V3i it's a huge oversight on Whites part to not provide a function for sharing these settings easily. I think if Carl was involved sooner in the project we would have seen a USB port on the V3. I hope to see this feature included in Whites next detector. Until then I will be content with my Vision. I love this machine. ;)

Jack

Schrecky
03-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Good to hear from you Jack, I see that you have been able to start hunting. As of last week most of the snow has melted but their calling for more the rest of this week. I'm still using your program, any new updates?

CyberSage
03-22-2011, 08:46 PM
I am a big believer in the Lock Track setting now. It really quiets the hunt. It seems like the slower I hunt the better the results. Consistency in tone has been the give away on the keepers as of late, but it has a lot to do with the slow swing speed. I hope you get out to hunt soon Schrecky, it's time for the snow to go away. :yes: Nice to see your posts.

Jack